PDA

View Full Version : help me with ma UV's!

dur23
08-03-2002, 12:47 AM
What is wrong with me!
So i modeled half of this girls face and Unwrapped her...now i want to symmetry her and merge it into one mesh, and the symmetry the UV coordinates once its merged into one object.....

BUT...as you can see in the image below, its giving me a rough time...
http://dur23.homestead.com/files/helpme.jpg
anyone got some knowledge they feel like sharing?!?!

Crode
08-04-2002, 06:51 PM
when you merge stuff together, it creates a new object and leaves the 2 original ones (and links them with history). The new object gets clusters put onto them (the clustered stuff tints the meshes green for me).

This should work or at least get you on the right track:

freeze them

hide the original objects, or delete them

select the new object and click on selection on the right side

delete the clusters

you might have to remake the UV map or maybe everything will be all right. I cant remember exactly at the moment, ive been using Maya too much :)

hope this helps

cras
08-04-2002, 07:15 PM
Super right, inside the explorer polygon mesh>clusters>there are the clusters generated after merging.

I suggest you after modelling half the head, move it about 0.02 in X . then symetry and merge it,play with the tolerance till you have nicelly conected both sides, freeze the new obj. go inside the clusters and delete them all. The apply your nice texture, after you are convinced with the texture freeze it.
I hope it helps!

I had experienced that it is better to texture after you merge everything, if not is a real pain, my god texturing with clusters also makes a horrible division line, even if you apply the same pixels of texture,I donīt know why. :p ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.