PDA

View Full Version : max renderers

luigi
12-17-2001, 05:20 AM
Actuallly there are a lot of renderers for max:Brazil, Finalrender, Mentalray, Arnold and Vray

I have used brazil and Mentalray and showing finalrender images i think both are better than this but is only my impression.

Can some body give me his impressions about the others renderers.its quality its speed and other good thinks that they have.

does anybody know when can we use Arnold?

mlykke
12-17-2001, 05:38 AM
Don't be suprised if Final Render will be faster than Brazil in the future also. The guys making Brazil have said several times that the want quality over speed.

I personally love Brazil, like Mental Ray and the Lightwave render it has a good quality feeling to it. Hard to discribe. :)

I attended a conference at 3d festival this october where Mr. Pepeland showed how he made alot of his work. Someone in the audience ask when arnold would come to 3dsmax. He didn't know.

All I know about Arnold is that www.projectmessiah.com is using it.

Airflow
12-17-2001, 01:33 PM
I dont know, but the arnold for max seems like its non exsistant.

Voxal
12-17-2001, 02:36 PM
Arnold is in development for max, infact we had a guy post some of the `verbose` from it earlier in the year on our board.

From waht i hear or understand its another connection thingie..

V

Airflow
12-17-2001, 03:26 PM
Hey, your not one of ours, you must be a double agent, and dont use my codename in public, :cool:

Voxal
12-17-2001, 03:55 PM
Hey, your not one of ours, you must be a double agent, and dont use my codename in public

Yes always this way ( LEON ) ;)

LAZY_Dave
12-17-2001, 05:32 PM
Seems some one knows of your work Airflow..perhaps a double agent?? ;)

Chewey
12-17-2001, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by luigi
Actuallly there are a lot of renderers for max:Brazil, Finalrender, Mentalray, Arnold and Vray

I have used brazil and Mentalray and showing finalrender images i think both are better than this but is only my impression.

Can some body give me his impressions about the others renderers.its quality its speed and other good thinks that they have.

does anybody know when can we use Arnold?

When pmg's messiah:render and messiah:studio get released sometime early next year.

Basic Features Listed for Messiah:Render

Global Illumination
Fast Radiosity
Full Raytracing
Custom Lights
Procedural Render Objects
Render-time Displacements
True Bump
Fully Multi-threaded Core
Ultra Fast & Photo-Real
Keyframeable Parameters
Full Expressions & Scripting Control
Dual Mode Design: Standalone, or Pipeline Capable to Maya, SoftImage, 3D Studio Max, and LightWave

visit
http://www.projectmessiah.com/
for more details, screen shots and animations.

Jean Eric
12-17-2001, 11:16 PM
Of course, do not forget Entropy from Ex-Luna. This rendering engine will probably open a lot of doors for Max in the Motion Picture industry. (www.exluna.com)

rendermonkey23
12-18-2001, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Jean Eric
Of course, do not forget Entropy from Ex-Luna. This rendering engine will probably open a lot of doors for Max in the Motion Picture industry. (www.exluna.com)

Yes it should...anyone know of a release date for the max connection deal?

Equinoxx
12-18-2001, 06:27 AM
Why not wait till all GI renders are out of development stage before we get all hyped up on something. I see people run around screaming Brazil rs is best, other screaming finalRender is best.
I think we should just wait and see what the others are doing, like entropy, vRay, Messiah:Render.

For now, I'm using finalRender, since it's the only one that's v1.
But when Brazil hits 1, and vRay and so on, how's about our cgchannel admins arange a test with all renders ??
Same scene, same computer, same rendersettings ???
You can only REALLY compare them when everything is the same.
I'd love to see a render comparisson when all renders a re available in a v1 status. :D

luigi
12-18-2001, 06:49 AM
thanks for yours impressions .

I have been testing vray and its faster than the others. It's quality is good but for me Brazil and Mental have better final quality, the final result of lights looks less artificial.
Consider that my opinion about lights in vray
Is made by testing vray for a few days.
Vray is a powerful gi renderer for making animations and brazil and mental are better for ilustration because their time for rendering are higher.

I have found this another global render for max.
the software is luminaire and is free
I'ts quality looks good but I don't have proved it yet.

http://www.maxshade.com/luminaire.html

:) :) :)

pascal_blanche
12-18-2001, 04:48 PM
well I still dunno when Arnie will be out, but it is pretty fast, and more photorealistic than the other ones :p
Tested FR: amazing on stills, still work to do on animated scenes.
Vray: can be realy photorealistic too, with good parametters (softshadows) and pretty fast and simple.. my fav of the moment :D :D :D

AJ
12-18-2001, 05:34 PM
It's always gonna be the way that fantastic results can be achieved with each new and upcomping renderer... but none of then will offer production viable results until the CPU's can catch up :(

I've been lucky enough to test most of the ones mentioned above, and ideally - you would want to roll them into one big fat ball - and just suqeeze a perfect streamlined renderer out of it :D

AJ
12-18-2001, 05:37 PM
Oh - and I thought that Arnold was deff going to be "no more" and had been simply absorbed by Project Messiah??

pascal_blanche
12-19-2001, 02:31 PM
they are still developping the renderer for Max... and it's really good :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.