PDA

View Full Version : Guitars, Zachary Taich (3D)

Zack
08-10-2004, 12:48 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/54964/54964_1092098925_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/54964/54964_1092098925.jpg)

Title: Guitars
Name: Zachary Taich
Software: Hash Animation Master V11

This image was created originally as a modeling excercise. It developed into a learning experience in texturing, lighting, composition, and rendering.

I understand that these guitars are not flawless, but I decided after weeks of tweaking that it was time to give it my stamp of approval and call it done.

C&C very much appreciated.

3djib
08-10-2004, 12:58 AM
nice image, your modelisation is perfect but for the lighting work on it...put more light in your scene but with a value lower and put a light color for some with soft shadow...and your image will be more realistic...don't stop your great work

BESTrin
08-10-2004, 12:59 AM
nice modeling. the textures are alright but could use some work. Like on the neck. The texture is alright but it just doesnt feel reel. Mayb slid and darker with a more detail map. The lighting also detracts form the realism. Hard shadows almost never ocur. If you want a hard shadow make it softer and increase the shadow map size. The corner looks off a bit and the floor texture is not great if your going for realism. Overall its very nice. Just perfecting those few things would make a nice model into a realy nice image. Good job.

Zack
08-26-2004, 06:20 AM
I just was coming back here after finally getting a major bug fixed, to take another look at the suggestions I recieved. I could've sworn I responded, but it seems I forgot, or the process never went through.

So anyways...

nice image, your modelisation is perfect but for the lighting work on it...put more light in your scene but with a value lower and put a light color for some with soft shadow...and your image will be more realistic...don't stop your great work
Thanks! I'm working on adding your suggestions right now, along with updating the lighting I have also changed the wall color to something that I feel works nicely in the image.

nice modeling. the textures are alright but could use some work. Like on the neck. The texture is alright but it just doesnt feel reel. Mayb slid and darker with a more detail map. The lighting also detracts form the realism. Hard shadows almost never ocur. If you want a hard shadow make it softer and increase the shadow map size. The corner looks off a bit and the floor texture is not great if your going for realism. Overall its very nice. Just perfecting those few things would make a nice model into a realy nice image. Good job.
Thanks you. I'll see what I can do for the neck texture. While it is not exact, it is pretty similar to my own. Consider the hard shadows gone. Floor texture... I've gotten comments about that in the past. I've got it! You know those cheap printed waxed on floors? That's what this is ;) (Thanks to the guys on #cgtalk, for proving yourselves useful, once again).

I'm gonna keep working on this now, thank you for your encouraging words. I'll be back when I have something worth showing. :D

BESTrin
08-26-2004, 09:47 PM
kool. On the neck i just think the woods to gold. My guitars neck has much less variation and is darker. Also the floor board molding is alitle oevr the top. I would go more simple but thats just me. And the corner has a white line. Cant wait to see next update

Troy McClure
08-26-2004, 10:45 PM
Good model but...
you forget the pickup selector!

Why everybody model stratocaster? Nobody play Ibanez?

BESTrin
08-26-2004, 11:29 PM
your right how did i miss that.Also the metal shader is not reflective enough, there are no numbes on th vlume and tune knobs and i would go with silver for the tuning knobs.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.