PDA

View Full Version : Added attributes to show up in graph editor

Ejecta
08-09-2004, 10:26 PM
Forgive me am a Maya guy trying to get in XSI :D What is the equivilent of added attributes like in Maya that will automatically show up in the graph editor? In Maya say you have a main foot controller object and you have added a foot roll attribute to it and now everytime you select that controller that attribute appears in the graph editor. I was following a XSI tutorial that showed you how to add sliders to control things like the foot roll but I have to select that for them to show up in the graph editor. Is there a way to get the set up I was getting in Maya in XSI. Im sure there is, I just dont know how.

Ablefish
08-09-2004, 11:35 PM
I'm guessing the tutorial is creating custom parameter sets on objects. Well, if you select an object that has a custom parameter set, it should show up in the fcurve editor when you select the object.

If you've tried this and still aren't seeing anything on the left side of the editor, it may depend on the explorer filter settings you're using on the View menu. Showing Animated Only with Flatten All is often a good way to go.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.