PDA

View Full Version : Character:Crit furry mouse

madart
08-09-2004, 07:59 PM
This mouse is my first attemt at making a furry creature, using Maya fur. I have strived towards a stylistic, cartoony mouse.

I would like comments and critisism on the fur, the mouse (style), improvements etc. I might make improvements on this mouse or save them for the next furry creature.

Thank you!

http://www.algonet.se/~madart/3d/images/mouse.jpg

SlashTen
08-09-2004, 09:29 PM
The head and neck need more definition. I can't tell if it's the model or the fur, but right now he doesn't have a distinct head. I also can't see any legs or feet.

/slash

p.s. Lots of cartoony mice have big front teeth, too.

Obsdn
08-09-2004, 09:39 PM
Hehe, looks like my cat's toy mouse... :D one thing is that the eyes kinda look like they're floating on all that fur, but otherwise nice work!

MoX&Dana
08-10-2004, 12:38 AM
it looks nice for a cartoon stile:thumbsup:

What is that black trinagle that comes out from under the mouse?

madart
08-10-2004, 06:00 AM
Thank you for your comments!

I wanted to make the body as simple as possible, the first mouse I started working on had a more distinct neck and head, the legs were also very distinct, but I decided to go for a very simple shape. I was also thinking about the teeth, but thought it would make him look more vicious. I might test a couple of small ones.

Eyes floating... ok...
That black triangle is one of the legs. With this top view you cant see the other legs. I was afraid that that wasn't going to work. or that people would be wondering what that was. Will have to do something about the legs, but I do want to keep them as simple as possible.

Thanks again.

sgtsam
08-15-2004, 09:16 AM
Thats a very entertaining mouse design you have there. I think the lighting on him is ok, but i'm not too keen about the spotlight on the ground or the black background. I think an environment would help a ton. But as far as just showing off a character, I think your mouse is fine

madart
08-16-2004, 05:21 AM
Thank you sgtsam for your comments. I will most probably put in him in an environment, or put an environment around him, but for now I needed to go on to working on something else. The objective here was to make simple furry character to test the fur in Maya and a couple of other things. I also enjoy making fantasy characters as opposed to realism and to try different styles.

pha3z
08-16-2004, 10:39 AM
lol! you cartoon people always amaze me with your creatures :) this is very entertaining!

i really like the purple patches and varying grey you put in the fur, great job there!

i suggest you get it in some sort of environment. a nice wood floor would be good with some DoF. Maybe sit him in the silllouhete shadow of a cat so it looks like he's looking straight up at his towering predator off camera!

also.. that black triangle thing is bizarre.

is there any way to get some feet on him??

madart
08-16-2004, 10:17 PM
pha3z, thanks for your comments, glad you like the fur. You know that bizarre triangle is his paw actually, one of them at least. Looks like I'll have to skip these simplistic and stylistic feet, and I'll have to make some other paws. If you read my former post you can read what I said about the environment, the idea of putting a cat's shadow in there is good, I actually made a really big cheeze, and later thought of just showing the shadow from that, but I had to move on to something else, and leave the mouse as he was. But I will get back to him soon to make changes and additions.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.