PDA

View Full Version : How can I remove objects from DV footage?

3dmaxguru
08-09-2004, 07:23 AM
I am using after effects 5.5 and combustion 3.

I need to remove some wires and very large posts from a MOVING tracked shot. Does anyone know how I can accomplish this? This is for a short film.

Thankyou in advance.

I posted this before but I couldnt find my post so if anyone sees it please know I've re-written the thread because I thought the previous one did not go through.

bartrobinson
08-09-2004, 04:11 PM
If you have the simple case of wires against a blue sky or something you don't see parallax between the object to be removed and the background, attach a cloned brush stroke to your tracked points to cover the object. If it's too complex for a simple clone, then you will want to paint a clean plate and then track / composite the obscured parts of the background back onto the original plate with noise added to those bits to match the original plate. If the parallax motion is to much for that try to get a 3d track on the obscured background object that shows the parallax and reconstruct the main pieces of the obscured background and project a clean version of the plate onto that geometry and composite the animated / matchmoved result back onto the original plate. If that doesn't take care of things mix and match the above mentioned techniques together where they work the best and add some hand painting to blend things in.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.