PDA

View Full Version : brazil subsurface scattering

phoenix
08-02-2002, 02:26 PM
hi guys

i am using brazil.....but having a poblem...how the hell can i create subsurface effect..........i tried everything....

plzzzzzzzzzzz help me

Sinister
08-02-2002, 09:41 PM
1. You must have full version of brazil (not public test).
2. Create an object, place an Brazil lamp.
3. make a Brazil test material change the translucency to something else than black (gray?)
3. in the render rollout turn on subsurface scattering (you most likely will turn up the glopal scaling (100?) and image sampling too..

you got yourself a translucent object!!

this works for me. :)

phoenix
08-03-2002, 05:28 AM
hi

thanks man

i have brazil .35

normal lights....that is max light do they do the job.....for scattering...light they dont work for the cautics .

regards
saif

Array
08-04-2002, 06:29 PM
the reason the public beta doesnt do sub surface scattering is because it's a path tracer. the commercial beta (and final version) are photon mapping renderers. you NEED photon maps in order to do sub surface scattering.

mlykke
08-06-2002, 02:57 PM
Actually... I did this is the current beta of brazil using sss and NO photons.

http://www.wilddemo.dk/test/RottenSoapBudda.jpg

.35 sounds like a version number you wont get help with. :)

phoenix
08-06-2002, 04:31 PM
nice image bye the way....

i tried in brazil but no results ....tell me something ....does brazil subsurface scattter works like final render...i mean large intensity of light...

anyway i did experiemnts with the vray....and it works there.,...

mlykke
08-06-2002, 04:57 PM
Thx :)

Model isn't mine. Forgot to say that... grrr.

I can't really tell if fR and Brazil does sss in the same way, since I have only spend very little time with fR. Less then 10 hour at work. Did not like it.

phoenix
08-06-2002, 05:27 PM
final render is good.

but vray very nice vvery easy and dam fast.....

but brazil has a style u know ....i love it...thats why cant let go

mlykke
08-06-2002, 05:32 PM
Vray I play a bit more with than fR. Like it better. But my heart belongs to Brazil :) Afterall.. I have been following it since late december 2000.

Ohh... here is the standford dragon in the same setup as the budda.

http://www.wilddemo.dk/test/soapwaxdragon.jpg

phoenix
08-06-2002, 05:35 PM
let me show u something i renderred with vray.....

give me few minutes let me get the file:)

phoenix
08-06-2002, 05:47 PM
HERE IS AN IMAGE RENDERED WITH VRAY AND took just few minutes compared to my dearest brazil....which would have taken an hour

mlykke
08-06-2002, 06:14 PM
Nice :)

Again.. this is not a freeware version of Vray you are using. And compairing it to the pub test isn't fair. I know for sure that the full Brazil is alot faster than the pub test.

Though I do belive you need a bit better AA in the image.

phoenix
08-06-2002, 06:21 PM
mlykke

man dont get me wrong....i dont need to disgrace brazil i fully beleive that the commercial verision of brazil ....will be very fast....

i agree.....

can u tell me some nice site where i can find pure brazil forum....

mlykke
08-06-2002, 06:35 PM
Sure! ;)

You could have found the official splutterfish forum by going to their website, but here it is:

http://forums.splutterfish.com/forum/public/

That like the old delphi forum. Just moved, and using other software.

phoenix
08-07-2002, 03:47 AM
thanks alot.....man

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.