PDA

View Full Version : rendering specific frames in a Batch Render

imageflood
08-07-2004, 07:33 AM
Hey, This might be a stupid question but, I was just wondering if there was a way to tell maya to render only specific frames in a batch render... I know 3ds max has this thing in it's render settings where you can just do it in this order...eg. frames 26,54,89,92 I'm asking this because I've been rendering Shave frames on a render farm and it seems to skip images. I'd rather just tell it once then having to run the command line a hundred times. Thanks guys!!

Nemises
08-07-2004, 06:48 PM
hmm..annoying but you'll be best of using a batch file to do your missing frames at the end?

render -s 150 -e 151
render -s 173 -e 174
etc...

Bit of a pain but no harder than plugging in frame values in Max's renderer at the end?

Surely the real question must be, "why is is skipping frames?" ...weird

imageflood
08-08-2004, 04:07 PM
Ok, I figured it out, using the batch files to fill in the gaps... I'm not sure why it was happening all of my Maya frames were consistent but for some reason the shave renderer gets bypassed every now and then by the cpu's... weird... Thanks for your help!

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.