PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Walking cicle

MoX&Dana
08-05-2004, 09:01 PM
Based on the Richard Williams book: :bowdown: Survival kit for animators :bowdown: , this cicle is made in maya. The model wasn't mine but it was 4 free. I hope You'll enjoi it:thumbsup:

Link: http://members.lycos.co.uk/moxedana/vids/gallery.php?act=2&foto=walking%20cicles.avi

bastiaan
08-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Looks pretty sweet to me!

JWood
08-10-2004, 09:07 PM
The character's body looks like it is floating - not being pushed forward, rather that the legs are walking (albiet nicely) under the body.

To fix, the hips needs to move forward and backward in the direction of the walk. Alternatively, you could move the hips further forward (in the direction of the walk), then push off more with the toes of the back leg. Look at the nice straight back legs with the extremely flexed toes that are drawn in your source material text.

The arms are nice and subtle. Bear in mind you can always go cartoony, which enhances the action - makes it more fun and tactile and also helps you understand the animation principles - weight, followthrough action, etc.

the rookie
08-10-2004, 10:04 PM
I know it's a robot, but maybe just add a little more bend to arms they seem a little stiff or not bending right or the wrong direction, also I agree with the pelvis to move forward a little more, also the shoulders should do the same, you got the just of it, just tweak it a little more, and yes it is a great book, but there's more in there to look at, emphasize exaggeration just to give it more character and push, it's the light touches that grabs attention, you might want to grab a book called The Animator's Workbook by Tony White as well, it gives you a strong breakdown along with using the kit book, also check out http://www.carlosbaena.com/ he works for Pixar and he has some tutorials for adding walk cycles to 3D, and you'll find some advanced information there along with a book list, Have fun Good Luck

MoX&Dana
08-10-2004, 11:40 PM
good comments.

I'll fix it and I'll post it ASAP.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.