PDA

View Full Version : Depth Blur Focal Point picker not working??

TSpyrison
08-05-2004, 03:12 PM
Ok, I rendered out an image in Lightwave, saved it as an RLA file, and brought it into DFX+.

Im applying the Depth Blur tool, and when i go click and drag the Focal Point picker I get no change at all.. Nada, zilch, zip, zero, nil…

Now, This is the first time that I’ve tried screwing around with the depth blur tool.. Am I missing something so basic?

Ive picked from the original image displayed on the left, Ive picked from the post depth blur image displayed on the right. Heck, I even tried picking from the thumbnail image in the flow.. :)

This seems like it should be so simple, what am I missing??

ViperGT
08-05-2004, 06:33 PM
Are you saving from the image viewer or from the image filter exporter? You need to use the RLA exporter in the image filters for it to save depth info.

-Viper

TSpyrison
08-06-2004, 04:05 AM
Ok, It works that way, But I get this weird halo-ing effect that I don’t really like…

And the blur isn’t realy “smooth” …

TSpyrison
08-06-2004, 02:59 PM
Ok, I figured out part of my problem. I was saving the files as RLA from either the render options or the image viewer. Once I save them out from the image filter buffer the z picker seems to work, and I get a different values as I move the picker around the image.

Then I had to futz around with it to determine that my focal point needed to be a real small number to give me a facsimile of a small Depth of field.. (0.001)

:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.