PDA

View Full Version : Projecting shadows and lights..tranparency

Ziah
08-05-2004, 01:17 AM
hmmm it was fine before but now its a no go

Has anyone ever experienced this problem

I had a light projecting an image now rather than the light projecting the image it just shows up all white no more image?

I can't even see the image through the light view anymore

It was a plane balck anyd white image
second to that my tranparency doesn;'t seem to be working anymore ..i think thats the whole problem but i can't understand why transparency would just stop working??

Ziah
08-05-2004, 01:28 AM
hmm werd thinng its seesm to be only happen with a particular scene..which leading me to think it may not me the app its something else

what option could you accidentally hit to cause this??:sad:

Ziah
08-05-2004, 01:49 AM
im fading here

gerardo
08-05-2004, 02:19 AM
Ziah, I don't understand the problem well; is the image projected on a transparent surface? maybe help if you post a scene picture.

Gerardo

Ziah
08-05-2004, 02:46 AM
hmmm k

this is what i have noticed

i have a spot light which im using to project an image...the image is a plain white and black.. rather than the image showing up im seeing a blank white image

lastly

the scene doesn't seem to be recognizing transparency....I have a backdrop with IMAGE MAP im using for transparency and that is not working either

gerardo
08-05-2004, 02:59 AM
That is very rare. Have you tested Load_items_from_scene?

Gerardo

Ziah
08-05-2004, 03:11 AM
yup....i have test load items from scene its the weirdess thing ever.......i thought maybe it was an 8 bug since i haven't done much with lw recently

E_Moelzer
08-05-2004, 05:14 AM
Hey Ziah!
Please send me the object and the scene and I will check whether it is a bug.

CU
Elmar

Ziah
08-05-2004, 05:15 AM
its okay just redid the scene..besides i coudln't send to you:)

Ziah
08-05-2004, 05:16 AM
opps where are my manners thanx for the help guys

gerardo
08-05-2004, 05:59 AM
Maybe this not helps much but check the base color of your problematic object, I have not seen the scene but I had a similar problem with a sphere to which I had maped a HDRI, the base color was violet, but when I disabled the imagemap, in the render appeared green, when I activated raytrace, the whole sphere appeared totally black. Then I noticed the sphere color was:
Red: 320
Green: 550
Blue: 356
I don't have idea how those numbers appeared, but is solved (?) entering to color panel and choosing a more "normal" number.
Certainly I don't know if is a bug or some kind of advantage. I imagine is due to high color depth that LW can develop (associated to HDRI´s)
Here is the "rarity" if you want to take it a look:

sphere (http://www.geocities.com/gerardstrada/sphereproblem.zip)

Same problem on LW 7.5c and LW8

Gerardo

Ramon
08-06-2004, 04:53 AM
Were you using volumetric lighting with it? Could be luminocity or opacity in the volumetric panel.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.