PDA

View Full Version : big rendering problem

wildcat69410
08-04-2004, 06:33 PM
I am attempting to render a very short 65 frame animation that will be used in the opening of a little movie that I am making. I have finished making it in Maya, but I cannot seem to get it to render. I have gone to render globals and set up the correct settings, making sure that it is at the correct file type (targa), and that it is using the correct setup (filename.#.extension) and that the start and end numbers are correct. I have made sure that I have picked the correct render view, and that the camera is renderable. However, when I click to batch render it all, it renders for no longer than 5 seconds and when I check to where I told it to render, nothing is there. I have posted this very question on several forums. Once at www.theforce.net, once at the alias website user to user forums, and once at a maya tutorials site. Nothing has helped me. PLEASE I need your help soooooo much.

Thanks, and may the...... force be with you.

LOL

slipknot66
08-04-2004, 08:15 PM
did you try to check to see if you are using the correct project path?!Sounds like Maya is rendering the scene to another directory?!:shrug:

skillet
08-04-2004, 08:30 PM
Seems like I had this happen to me one or twice as well.
Basically I gave up and exported everything from that scene to a brand new file.

In my case all of the background objects where ref files. And I had a rigged character to import.
I copied the animation directly from the time slider shift->scrub copy.
opened freash scene select char past

hopefuly you are as obsessive as me when it comes to saving and can do this.

sorry I don't have a better answer. but sometimes it's faster to rebuild than trying to figure out how your ren node got a spider webbed together

hope this helped some

AW

skillet
08-10-2004, 08:13 AM
question , did you by any chance convert any shading networks to file texture, and try to render with mental ray?

if so you need to resave those texture before mental ray will touch them. the above didn't say anything of the sort but it is on my mind since it is something that just happened to me.

Jozvex
08-10-2004, 08:52 AM
Or if you have any sort of simulations (particles, cloth, fluids etc) it's usually a good idea to bake them to keyframes, or cache them.

andybiz_2004
08-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Well, I'm not sure if my suggestion can help, but under Render Globals, under "Rendarable Objects", selec the "Render All" option. Maybe this might help to render all the objects in your scene. Hope it helps.

Andrew

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.