PDA

View Full Version : Rhino - Blueprints

Vato
08-04-2004, 04:53 PM
Hi everybody,
i' ve downloaded the Rhino Test version yesterday and now I want to start with this tutorial http://www.ifrance.com/LMD/html/audittUS.html
But I can't place the blueprints in the right proportions. I don't know how to handle the size of the images I want to place. I don't know if the post is in the right forum here, because it is not really about modelling. Please answer in simple in English.........thanks in advance for your help.
Greetz
Vato

Vato
08-05-2004, 06:24 PM
I've fixed the problem,with the option "fang" you can resize your image in defined steps.

Vato
08-05-2004, 06:25 PM
i've fixed the problem, the option "fang" you can resize your image in defined steps.

backdoor
08-06-2004, 07:30 PM
http://www.suurland.com/

>Tutorials>Blueprints>Rhino1.1

I hope this helps you.

swampthing
08-06-2004, 08:58 PM
My god is that seriously how rhino works? You have to retrace the blueprints to use as a modelling guide rather than just having the backgrounds and using that? Or are the splines that are placed from tracing actually used in the modelling process as more than just a guide?

MuseSyndrome
08-07-2004, 11:23 AM
My god is that seriously how rhino works? You have to retrace the blueprints to use as a modelling guide rather than just having the backgrounds and using that? Or are the splines that are placed from tracing actually used in the modelling process as more than just a guide?
No, tracing with curves is not necessary. The 'blueprints' themselves are not used to generate surfaces directly, it's used purely as a guide. Some people tend to find that method easier.

TheRainKnight
08-08-2004, 03:01 PM
personaly i do the following :

crop your blueprints in photoshop, just at the limits of the car.
Try to have the front and back view the same size, l*H
Then crop the top view : l*L and the side view : L*H.
This way u have a "virtual box" l*L*H within the blueprints fit perfectly

Then keep your measures (l,L,H) somewhere on a paper sheet :-)

Then in Rhino do place your images. For top view, when "first corner" prompted : type -H/2,-l/2
then type L for length.
Do the same for the other views.

You might have a nice blueprints set now.

The point with this technique is the cropping that might be perfect in photoshop.
Have a good modelling.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.