PDA

View Full Version : my head model

abohmed
08-04-2004, 03:39 PM
hello every one here is my head model
i want cretics please and about lightning i want to know how to light a caracter please

Tonik
08-04-2004, 05:35 PM
Hi there.
That's not a bad model at all. The bridge of the nose is pretty wide but it could be within normal parameters. The one thing that looks off mostly is the chin. It's a bit too sharp and wide. The bottom lip looks a bit too narrow and also has a very sharp edge to it.
Otherwise the proportions don't look too off at all.

Lighting models effectively is pretty tough but well worth reading up on. Most people use a simple solution with something like a skylight/lighttracer combo and get that same old "Outside on a cloudy day look". To get a decent result you need a combination of decent modelling, texturing and lighting. It's usually obvious if any one bit's lacking.

This is a simple tut but's helpful for explaining 3 point lighting. http://www.3drender.com/light/3point.html

I'm sure if you look around the lighting and rendering forum you'll pick up some useful tips.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.