PDA

View Full Version : Maya: Scrambled UV Issue

DAbuel
08-04-2004, 02:59 PM
Hey all,

I am having an issue with UVs not saving or just randomly moving around in Maya6, and I wanted to know if anyone else is having this issue?

this is what happened!

I was working on a model of a Building and i laid out all the UVs, I saved the file and had Incremental save on! so if maya were to crash or what ever the case!

The next morning when i Opened the file to start texturing the UVs were scrambled! I checked my Incremental Saves and they were scrambled as well!

This issue happened to me twice already on 2 separate files and Im wondering is this a Maya6 issue and if anyone knew of any fixes?

and oh yeah keep in mind I do have the Paid version of Maya6 !

any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!!

mrgoodbyte
08-04-2004, 04:09 PM
I've seen it happen, yes. My guess sometimes there's a discrepancy between what Maya shows you and what it's writing out. Try exporting the model as OBJ, import it again into a fresh new scene and retry.

DAbuel
08-05-2004, 02:07 PM
Hey mrgoodbyte, Thanks for the bit of info! I tired the Exporting and it seems to work! although I was told by a co-worker that Obj's were not the best format, that being he issues b4 with obj's not keeping the UV's! But otherwise good suggestion on the Exporting, Its a bit of a longer route but definitely a way to save time on Re-mapping! Well if there are any other fixes that anyone know Either from Alias or where ever! It would be appreciated!

Thanks Again mrgoodbyte!

alexx
08-06-2004, 01:58 PM
if you found a bug in maya you can and should always report it on their homepage under:

http://www.alias.com/eng/support/maya/log_a_bug/index.jhtml

unreported bugs or bugs which are only reported by very few ppl will get fixed in about maya 10.1

cheers

alexx

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.