PDA

View Full Version : noise controller

authentic
08-04-2004, 01:54 PM
Is there a way to assign a noise controller to any parameters to animate him with discontinuity. For example i have an object which is floating and i wanna make him allow up and down irregularly so i'd put him this noise controler to his Z axis who will go up and down depending of max and min ranges and frequence.
Maybe in a script ???

ThE_JacO
08-04-2004, 02:08 PM
a scripted operator is your best bet if you want interactivity, but v4 comes with a lot of scripts and tools in the netview.

in animate>modify you will find a randomize addon that actually ends up in the animation editor, and it does what you want.

ALWAYS check the netview, SI has a policy of not cluttering the interface with every half arsed script and plug-in ever published, but that doesn't mean they are not there somewhere :)

p.s.
the randomize one is not half arsed at all btw, it's been written by a SI developer.

anthonymcgrath
08-16-2004, 03:49 PM
I have a dozen cubes parented under a null. I branch select the null and hit deform/randomize but all I'm getting is the cubes shapes randomized. What I'd like to do is have their relative xyz positions randomized by that deformer so I can keyframe the effect. Is this do-able or should I be using another tool?

cheers
ant
newcastle

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.