PDA

View Full Version : Head modeling video tutorial: lost link

Kanga
08-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Hello

Someone made a new set of head modelling tutorials and the link was posted in the 3d gallery section here at cgtalk. As I remember it the guy who made them used softimage. Downloading at the time was difficult because the server was probably crowded, I would like to try again but the link has dissapeared (or I can't find it).

Crusing the forums and Ed Harriss's tute links + search hasn't worked yet so I wonder if any of you have the link.

Thanx in advance
Kanga

CoolDuck_HRO
08-04-2004, 10:00 PM
Do you mean this one?

http://www.wings3d.com.br/loganindice.htm

Kanga
08-05-2004, 12:28 AM
CoolDuck_HRO

YES! bookmarked bookmarked bookmarked bookmarked.
Thanx a million :thumbsup:
Kanga

tachy0n
08-05-2004, 04:53 AM
That wasn't done in XSI though, that's wings.. But it can be easily duplicated in XSI also, easier then most other apps in fact !

Kanga
08-05-2004, 12:46 PM
tachy0n

Yes my mistake I thought someone wrote softimage. I am on max myself but am mostly interested in the placing of edgeloops as I find my cages a bit lacking.

Just to check though it was possible to download the videos from a mirror but not the links on that page itself. There were 8 in all. Brilliant wireframe but no eyes or ears modelling, is that correct, or are they located elsewhere?

Thanx
Kanga

tachy0n
08-05-2004, 12:50 PM
AFIAK logan is still working on the rest...

Kanga
08-05-2004, 01:22 PM
tachy0n

Thanx, guess I am just greedy by nature!

Kanga

marioucci
09-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Hello guys,

Sorry for the delay in the collection.. im gonna carry on doing the model but in xsi.. i actually used the head i had in the videos to do a wolverine character in xsi(images)

As soon as i have more videos ill let you guys know:)

cheers mates

Mario

http://www.angrybaldmen.com/marioucci/forum/9.jpg

http://www.angrybaldmen.com/marioucci/forum/17.jpg

http://www.angrybaldmen.com/marioucci/xsibase/wolverine.gif

Sil3
09-11-2004, 02:12 PM
Amazing model and amazing deformations u got there Logan :thumbsup:

3dtutorial
09-11-2004, 02:19 PM
sweet -- very well done!

Cheers,

Joe

deanbutton
09-11-2004, 08:52 PM
Great model there Loganarts ! It'll look great textured and animated ! Are you gonna do claws for him. Some set-driven ones, when his hands close, coming out would look cool...:thumbsup:

D.

Kanga
09-12-2004, 01:38 AM
Super!

Those sensual lips you started with dont look so friendly anymore ha ha!
I love the anatomy its very expressive. Leg distance from knee to ankle might be a little on the short side tho.

Great stuff

Kanga

MyAMeE
09-18-2004, 04:14 PM
This is really nice. Is this done for a tutorial?

DrAdamDinosaur
09-21-2004, 04:43 PM
Can you tell us a little more about the rigging, like how did you get such reat deformations in the shoulders and arms? Do you have morphs in action there? Is this art of the tutorial you're putting together?

Soeren Nielsen
09-21-2004, 07:16 PM
you are going to make Loggies head explode from the growing ego, think about us guys who have to sit in the same room as him, and work with him every day! :buttrock:
:D

marioucci
09-21-2004, 07:16 PM
Hello guys,

Thank you very much for the comments here:)

I am doing this char in my free time just for fun.

Dr. Adam,

Theres not much to say about the rig.. i just was really carefull when enveloping... there are no corrective morphs or any other type of deformers at the moment but there will be.

Im working on the textures right now so im gonna go back to the rig as soon as im done with it.

Thanks a bunch.

Mario

bravmm
09-21-2004, 07:22 PM
I really like your model, and the short animation looks very nice indeed. (Link with.. anim?? or shapeanim??)
The only thing that kind of gets in the way for me is the thickness of the triceps. When he spreads his arms sidways it looks like the l.dorsi muscle on his back is "taking" over. Almost winglike.
Would love to see a tutorial though on this, modelling and rigging.

cheers,

rob

Xaint
04-27-2005, 08:37 AM
Hi Mario!

I'm just getting into XSI, used to work in Wings3D. I'm curious about your opinion about XSI's modelling workflow compared to Wings3D's. I'm chasing a timelapse video like the ones Bay, Martin Krol did with Mirai back then, or you did with Wings3D. Just to see the workflow, but I can only find commercial ones.
I see fantasic stuff modelled in XSI, and I find Wings lacking in technical modelling (I mean not organic stuff), so I have to move on! Is there any plugins I should get, when I get into some 'serious modelling' :) in XSI?

(Ps.: I use 3Dsmax too, but I hate it, so I really have to move on... Yuck)

CGTalk Moderation
04-27-2005, 08:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.