PDA

View Full Version : fast but have some problems

tayse
08-01-2002, 08:16 PM
http://www3.sympatico.ca/tayse/style.htm

Hi ,

I have been trying to find out a fast and topologically right way to model a head. I am using lightwave but I think this method can be applied to other apps. too.

The problem is ,I need some advice and confirmation about the way I am modeling. I do not want to realise after a few months that I am on the wrong way ,so I made a little page to show you what I am doing and to be able to tell what my problem is,clearly. Sorry for the bad page layout.

I espesially have problems with the eyes and the mouth (actually the part between mouth and nose) area.

Thanks in advance for all kind of help and suggestions.

Mike RB
08-02-2002, 03:09 AM
wow, looks good. You should post this link in the LW section as a tutorial. One thing you may wantto look out for is your mouth wrinkle lines should arc up at the bottom into the corners of the mouth, rather then go across the chin. Take a look at some pics of old people.

Mike

tayse
08-02-2002, 03:58 AM
Thanks Mike :) ,I know what you meant about the bottom lip's corners ,I mean ,I know how they should be. But I am not trying to make a realistic character right now. I focused on to find a good and fast way to model a head . And I am still trying to develop this method ,it is still beta like I am a still newbie.

Wow ,I have not thought that it could be a tutorial. But if people really like it I can make a tutorial after I developed it a little bit more.

I hope someone elses also reply to help me to develop this method.

dvornik
08-02-2002, 05:19 AM
I don't know, it kind of looks like you are working with polys and the bottom image is splines. Am I wrong? I'm a max guy.

With the mouth you're pretty much set. Inset, move polys inward, add more loops for lips, add some loops for the inside of the mouth. Shape the lips.

With eyes you'll have to try to achieve a more radial structure. See how the edges of the model on the bottom go into the eye and yours just run horizontal?

Mike RB
08-02-2002, 02:47 PM
those are LW polys.

tayse
08-02-2002, 03:06 PM
dvornik ; bottom image is subdivided polys....it is like meshsmooth in max....

I did not try to finish model ,as I said before ,it is just a explanation for my problem and as you saw at the bottom of the page ,there are 3 exp.s ,I do not have problem with lips ,I can do them very realistically I think.

Also eyes are ok ,I can built them ,but what I am trying to do is ,built them in very fast and easy way ,in that tutorialish thing ,I did not touch to eyes at all.

I am still working on it...

dvornik
08-03-2002, 03:37 AM
Oh, OK. Still, too many of your lines are too straight- that's not topologically right. Try to start with a basic shape with no straight lines running all the way around - I mean you can, but you'll have to get rid of them eventually.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.