PDA

View Full Version : Seams and periodic surfaces

manditri
08-03-2004, 06:54 AM
Hi...anyone knows of any tutorial for Nurbs surfaces w.r.t seams and periodic surfaces....or any of u guys can kindly take some time and explain it over here....:)
Tnx..

operativem
08-03-2004, 04:07 PM
that is a very tricky subject (as i'm sure you're finding out.) can you please submit more information about your needs?

manditri
08-04-2004, 03:51 AM
that is a very tricky subject (as i'm sure you're finding out.) can you please submit more information about your needs?
Well I dunno...I am a newbie with maya...all i have is a lil bookish knowledge...abt open/closed/periodic surfaces...I wanted to know what exactly they r used for...like as in practical examples maybe....I found out that periodic surfaces have unbroken tangency at the seams...closed surfaces necessarily dont have that....then the torus is the only exception with both u and v being periodic....(I was wondering what abt the sphere)...with this info I am not exactly clear where do I use it.....or maybe I am not clar abt surfaces at all....HELP!:scream:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.