PDA

View Full Version : dvGarage Summer Sale

Leonard
08-01-2002, 05:43 PM
dvGarage are holding a time-limited sale.

The Camera Mapping Lab sells for $69 (reg $99).

Composite Toolkit (very good) sells for $189 (reg $199).

Surface and Reflection Toolkit bundle ($129)

http://www.dvgarage.com/

L.

A MacVey
08-01-2002, 06:33 PM
the composite toolkit isn't the beta version that was realesed this year neither. (I am a big dvgarage fan)

Yiorgz
08-01-2002, 06:48 PM
Decided to take a look at the tutorials. Shame they're all movs, my 56k modem is complaining.

From the single frames though, it looks nice and simple to key out and composite.

(edit: just realised these are not a standalone product .. need AfterEffects.. ahh well.)

I did download the finalcomp movie to have a look.

The lightsabers appear to have this black halo around them though, which spoils the effect a little. The motion also looks like it's missing frames ?

Still, cool fun.

For me, the saber battles in SW1:Phantom Menace were the coolest parts of the whole thing.

A MacVey
08-02-2002, 03:28 AM
that video you downloaded if its not the gif is only part of the final video. Lightsabers are very easy time consuming but easy to create in After Effects

alex_m1s1n_user
08-02-2002, 09:11 PM
After Effects??????:surprised , i used ps to rotoscope the darn thing, frame by frame!!!! how do u do it in after effects????

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.