View Full Version : Finalrender Stage-1 streaming demo

Taoizm
08-01-2002, 02:38 PM
over 40 minutes of 1024x768 movies

props to maxunderground.com for this link

http://www.trinity3d.com/productinfo/siggraph2002/Sig_MovieGallery.shtml

frog
08-01-2002, 05:09 PM
Mmmm, is it just my codecs/machine/bad luck or do these videos seem to run v e r y v e r y s l o w l y ? Almost unwatchable.

Jim Lammers
08-02-2002, 06:52 AM
Looks like a lot of downloads are slowing the streaming.

To watch them without trouble, right click and download the entire WMV file to your local HD. Then play back this movie file locally. This will also give you the ability to move the time slider around if you want to skip or repeat stuff.

To help clarify this problem I am posting ZIP files of the movies to our page now.

thanks for your interest -

best regards,

Jim

Jim Lammers
President
Trinity Animation

frog
08-02-2002, 07:59 AM
To watch them without trouble, right click and download the entire WMV file to your local HD. Then play back this movie file locally. This will also give you the ability to move the time slider around if you want to skip or repeat stuff

That's what I'd done anyway, still ran really slow. Maybe a codec problem? In most of the videos nothing seems to happen at all for the first 30 seconds or so, and then when the action starts there are big pauses all the way through...

I have the latest media player (which I downloaded specially as I normally use the "old" media player), running on a PIII750 & 1gig of RAM on w2k.

Jim Lammers
08-02-2002, 08:09 AM
Hmm, that's too bad... I tested the movies on several machines and they seemed good. Some of the movies don't have much action for the first minute or two. But after you d/l them you can move the time slider around and after 5 seconds max the screen will update. It could be that you are not viewing them at full 1024x768 and your machine is lagging on rescaling. Also, you might check if you are in truecolor mode on your desktop display.

The finalToon.wmv movie is a good test, the action in this movie starts at around 1:30.

Let me know if you still have trouble with it -

best regards,

Jim

Jim Lammers
author, Maya 4 Fundamentals
President, Trinity Animation

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.