PDA

View Full Version : Animation Piece Crit and Thoughts?

Magidion
08-01-2004, 03:54 PM
Here is the newest piece of animation I have done.
http://www.rit.edu/~abb0701/Now_01.mov

I would love your feedbac good, bad, things to think about. THis piece is very important to me and so are your responses

thank you all

Magidion

Frwanque
08-01-2004, 05:08 PM
I LIKE IT your morphing are really great. You should exagerate some expression and the last one must be the most surprising.... I don't know how to say in English... so I hope you'll understand a bit

rmac
08-01-2004, 08:45 PM
The blend shapes are nice, maybe a little exaggerated with the mouth opening to much. The expression to each pose are solid except the end. Throughout the animation you have multiple parts moving and then at the end you have only the wrist go limp, everything else is frozen in time. That was something that stood out when I watched it. I don't know if you are complete with the animation, or if you are going to be doing more like the character walking off the screen with his shoulders down.

I hope this helps some.

Rich

mehdianim
08-01-2004, 10:36 PM
IT's cool, He still feels a little stiff. His overall pose doesn't change enough. just his arms wave around and he limps a bit forward. But you should just twist his body more and move him on his feet more freely. Also when the buzzer goes "EEEEEEn" it looks like it's coming from his mouth... you need to change his expression timing on that. His reaction of surprise should come a bit after the sound. Good start though.

Dave3D
08-02-2004, 01:53 AM
yeah i agree partly with mehdianim, the animation is great and i think u have nailed it, but the buzzer does seem to come from his mouth. :thumbsup:

Dave

Magidion
08-03-2004, 09:36 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the responses and I have updated the piece. I think that its works and flows more and the ending is not quite as jarring. I also fixed the buzzing sound looking as if it were coming out of his mouth. Tear it aprt of you must, This is going in the Siggraph Demo
so lets make it count eh?
This Pieces Title (Which will show before the start) is "The Audition"
http://www.rit.edu/~abb0701/Now_05.mov

thanks guys for all your support

:buttrock:
Magi

AjaBogdanoff
08-03-2004, 02:17 PM
Looks great! I don't know if this is what you're going for or not, but when he gets interrupted the first time, he seems to just sort of... flow from actor to himself. Maybe he could "snap" a little more, be a little more startled?

Good luck!

fbcota
08-03-2004, 09:48 PM
I mouth movement is really nice but I feel the body movement looks a little forced. It looks allot like an amatuer actor playing the entire role (including the periods between takes). You should work on the movement and actions between takes so it seems more natural to the character.

His right and left hand seem to mirror each others movement too much. Try to change the movement of the hands slightly to avoid twin movements.

When the director say "Good, ok" it may look better if the character quickly comes out of character and looks up with anticipation (or fear) in regards to the directors comments.

When the beep sounds I don't get the impression that the character is surprised in any way. From this point on in looks more like you flipped an off switch on the character as opposed to an actor getting bad news. Maybe he should quickly look in the directoin of the sound with a befuddled look and then when he hears "Next" make a slight confused movement and then go limp as the words set in.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.