PDA

View Full Version : Shape animation with a rigged character?

Just .inc
08-01-2004, 03:21 AM
I’m in the midst of rigging a model in XSI 3.5.1.1 and I was curious about shape animation, fairly straight forward question I guess. Can it be done, if so, do I apply the shapes before or after enveloping. I realize I’m going to need to build the shapes before enveloping but as far as applying them and using them in the mixer. Any tutorials, info or just plain anything anyone has to share would be really slick, thanks all.

Everyone says there are no stupid questions but you can’t help but feel dumb asking.

foxco
08-04-2004, 12:26 AM
firstly you do not need to create your shapes before you envelope =D you can simply "disable from here" your envelope operator before you select the shapes, the only thing you realyh need to know is once youve made your shapes do NOT edit your geometry

as per tutorials, edharris.com, he has a few toturials.. on ... everything !!!! go there for your learning needs

/fox

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.