PDA

View Full Version : attaching fill or adjustment layers to existing layers

michelengeltje
07-31-2004, 07:48 PM
As you might know in photoshop youíre able to attach a fill or an adjustment layer to the layer beneath it, the chosen settings only effect the layer that it is attached too

Is it possible to link a fill or adjustment layer to a particular layer after both layers where created separately?

Example, layer 0, containing a picture to which I attached an adjustment layer adjusting the hue by 3, the saturation by -10 and the lightness by +15. This adjustment layer is set up so that it only affects this picture (checked: use previous layer to create clipping mask).

On top of this layer I place layer 2 containing just text. Layer 3 contains a another picture which I want to adjust in the same way I adjusted the picture on layer 0, the easiest way I can think of is finding a way to attach the adjustment layer I just used on layer 0 to this layer 3 (using the same, use previous layer to create clipping mask, setting). Is there anyway of doing this?

Greetz,

Michelengeltje

Ps. Iím using Photoshop 7 (home) and Photoshop CS (on the job).

JDex
07-31-2004, 08:36 PM
Hover your cursor over the line between your layers (in the palette) and press alt (or the Mac equivilent) and click.

michelengeltje
07-31-2004, 09:24 PM
wow! very quick reply! and right on the money! thanks lots! Adobe has a funny way of giving you all these options (that you can guess excicst) but hidding them away so perfectly! This will save me time! Again thanx loads!

michelengeltje

JDex
07-31-2004, 10:14 PM
;)

Yeah... but learning those hidden features is what seperates the hobbiests from the pros. =D

Cheers

michelengeltje
07-31-2004, 10:20 PM
Yeah... but learning those hidden features is what seperates the hobbiests from the pros.
spank! :scream: - thanx for that one! :buttrock:

michelengeltje

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.