PDA

View Full Version : animation tests

matthew smith
07-31-2004, 06:38 PM
here are some animations that i have been working on lately, only have to do a final pass and then what ever you guys see so i can fix em up. Crits and Comments welcome! thanks

Ninja dojo 1 - http://www.silentfright.com/?page=3d&media=anim_Dojo%201.mov&w=320&h=246

Ninja Dojo 2 - http://www.silentfright.com/?page=3d&media=anim_Dojo%202.mov&w=320&h=246

SheepFactory
08-01-2004, 06:38 PM
Matthew a quick crit:

In both animations there is no force\mass behind his landings , and I think thats because his legs come to a sudden stop , which is impossible when you jump from that distance. You have nice followthrough in the body , you should go in and add some to the legs too. than it'll look pretty good!

Cheers ,
Ali

Remi
08-01-2004, 11:00 PM
I agree with Sheep strongly....and on the second one I think it was....with the two bars....it was weird to see him sit on top of the bar when he obviously could've swung forward and landed....good job though...keep it going:)

wireFrame
08-02-2004, 09:58 AM
I think everything is fine except the timing--their too fast in some areas. The first video--when he threw those hatchets. On the second, is when he grabs the first bar (put weight on those bars as well when in contact with the character).

If you could adjust your keyframes on these parts I mentioned, I think it would make them more realistic. Right now it looks cartoony in those portions.

One other thing is that these animations--both are continous and unedited (shot cutaways), and without camera movement so, tehy looks flat. If you have a moving camera in those two animations. I think you can fool the viewer with regards to those problems.

Good work overall.

matthew smith
08-02-2004, 10:45 AM
good eye on those guys thanks a bunch for the feedback and i am glad you like them, yeah as regarding camera that is one crit that is the most i have been getting i am going to work in a closer view and have a moving camera so the main subject is more in view and not so far away. I will work on those areas and put up my revisions as they come this week, thanks again!

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.