PDA

View Full Version : Setting up viewports / side by side modeling

CoolDuck_HRO
07-31-2004, 10:47 AM
Hi, I have a problem setting up viewports in XSI 4, I have set my viewports to a 2 vertical view setup and have set both to Camera. I couldn't figure this one out myself.

But what I want is to view the left viewport as lowres wireframe, and the right as shaded view (and with a subdivision of 2). Both viewports (Camera) acts like a clone, I need them to be independant.

I can't get this to work in XSI. In Lightwave it would be very easy.

Someone knows how to do this? Thanks in advance!

ThE_JacO
07-31-2004, 11:06 AM
to see a viewport without the mesh smoothing just turn off subdivision surfaces off in the visibility menu (the little eye icon on the top viewport bar) and turn polymesh hulls on.

also you are better off using user views rather then cameras for modeling purposes.

last but not least, if you want 2 different cameras but you want them in sync, just get 2 camera sets, and constrain one to the other (constrain position of both camera and interest), but you will be able to navigate only in one of the 2 viewports and the other will follow.

CoolDuck_HRO
07-31-2004, 12:01 PM
Thanks for your answer. The methods you described sounds very neat. I'm gonna try that.

I have never used User views before, but I need the perspective I have with a camera.

ThE_JacO
07-31-2004, 02:09 PM
the user view can be configured just as any other camera from the camera options, with the difference that it has no picture format, meaning you have no annoying blackbanding like in the camera views, where proportions are fixed to the camera's aspect ratio.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.