PDA

View Full Version : Error Opening Shake File

snizchin
07-30-2004, 08:52 PM
Firstly, do any of you know a more popular forum for Shake?

So i worked on shake 3.0 on a g4 here at school a few days ago. I saved the file on my 256mb usb drive, and when i try to open the file today, nothing comes up. It looks like a blank document. The shake file is 32kb and when i open it in Word the entire script appears.

I created a test document in shake today, i saved it to the hard drive, and then put it on the usb drive i have. I deleted the file from the mac and then put the file back onto the hard drive from the usb. I get the same problem. Nothing comes up in shake. Anyone know how i can debug this problem so i dont have to redo a few hours of work?

Thanks,
Snizchin

Hugh
07-31-2004, 11:17 AM
Are you getting any error messages in the terminal that you started Shake from? Or if you're not doing it from a terminal, try doing that and seeing what it says...

Open up the shake script in a text editor, and make sure there is stuff in there... it's human-readable, so you should be able to go and edit it manually to get rid of anything that's causing a problem....

Post any error messages in here and we'll try to help...

alexx
08-02-2004, 09:23 AM
this (at least in older versions) happened, if you have macros in your shake script, that are not installed on your machine..

as written check that with a text editor and correct the problem by hand if necessary (or simply copy the macros as well)

cheers

alexx

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.