PDA

View Full Version : getting a particle event to displace or edit a texture on an object.

anthonymcgrath
07-30-2004, 11:51 AM
Right, after much effin n blinding I finally have gotten used to xsi's workflow and many windows and it aint that bad to navigate about so I'm eating humble pie and I can live with that :)

Is it possible to get a particle to edit a surface. I want my particles to exit the cylinder shape they're inside but create a subtle displacement on the surface as they push outside the surface. My thoughts were that if I could get a small wave displacement at the point where the particle leaves then that would create the effect but I've no idea how to script this kind of thing.
Another thought would be to get a weightmap to be affected by the particles that hit it thus creating the necessary normal 'pushing' on the surface. Is this possible?

I'm not really too clued up on these approaches but if there's any toots online that could help me out on these things - esp. the first idea as that seems far more feasable then that'd be great :)

cheers
ant

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.