PDA

View Full Version : Characters: Looming zombie head and businessman

Markski
07-29-2004, 12:23 PM
hi,

this is a recent image that i placed in the Finished 3D forum not too long ago. I had recieved very little feedback and decided to post it here in hopes of more ideas. Does it actually creep you out, even a little bit? Thanks!

All done in 3dsmax3, textures in Photoshop.

furre
07-29-2004, 02:11 PM
A few things:
The zombie head, I wouldn't have noticed if you didn't mention that it was there. It's just too discreet right now, it doesn't catch any attention. The lighting and positioning are what causes this, I think.

The businessman looks more like a young boy than anything. The size of the desk makes him look very small. He's also very broad-shouldered, which just seems... wrong. That might be because he has a very small head, though, I'm not really sure.

The hands are a bit overkill, I think. There's just too many of them. One or two of them placed and lighted well would do the trick much better than thirteen of them. You might also want to consider, or make it more obvious, how they keep their balance and what they're holding on to. The hand in the lower left hand corner would fall over in its current position, for example.

You might want to consider the light and the effect it has on the image. In an image that aims for being creepy (which is probably one of the hardest) lighting is everything. The light shows how solid, non-fabric the curtain is, for example.

Can the "businessman" read anything in that light, really? Why have a lamp like that on a desk (someone's supposed to work with that light, y'know)? Why is the painting not hanging straight and have you ever actually seen a frame like that? Is the moon casting ANY light or is it just there for show? The name of the picture claims it's an office, but it looks more like someone's bedroom where they do their homework, really.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.