PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Short Lip Sync clip

holbroal
07-29-2004, 07:12 AM
Hello,
Here is a short Lip Sync animation I did for an assignment. While I am satisfied with some of it (mainly the gesturing), I fall short with the facial animation (need more extreme face shapes and better syncing of mouth shapes).

I also need to work on more natural weight shifts. I find myself hitting a wall lately, in terms of animation, so I am looking forward to your criticism and suggestions.

http://www.vfs.com/~3d49allen/fightclub_LipSync.mov

edit: strange that the vfs server doesn't allow hot linking, you will have to copy and paste the address in your address bar :(

-Allen

imintense
07-29-2004, 09:11 PM
Still an excellent piece my man... great overlapping actions, and it definitely have great rhythm. If I have to nitpick, I'll have to say your head rotation is a little bit too "linear". usually natural body movements follows a curve, like in a circle or figure 8.

and the file is too big... you might conside take that live plate out.

cheers

Stooge
07-30-2004, 06:25 AM
Good job on the lipsynch. Timing and posing are both well done. The movement in the beginning tho is a bit stiff (eg head movement..the arms and wrists)...really bend those joints..esspecially when they are moving fast! Always think about arcs too..it willl help your movements feel smooth from one action to the next. Lastly but not least....keep practicing. That is all. Keep it up.

holbroal
07-30-2004, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the posts, I appreciate the feedback. I re-encoded the file to a much smaller size, and good point about the head movements, Burton.

Great eye in catching the stiff parts of the first actions, Stooge, I'll keep that in mind :)

Sincerly,
Allen

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.