PDA

View Full Version : BATMAN Trailer and website goes live!

SheepFactory
07-28-2004, 08:57 PM
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/

I LOVE the teaser , the mood is dark and the cinematography is gorgeous!

titaniumdave
07-28-2004, 08:59 PM
I pee'd alittle. :thumbsup:

StephanD
07-28-2004, 09:01 PM
I'm sure this is gonna be spectacular! :thumbsup:

creative destructions
07-28-2004, 09:03 PM
I hope there's "something" more to the dialogue than "something".

LoTekK
07-28-2004, 09:04 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. :thumbsup: The night shots of the batmobile make it look so much cooler than I had expected after seeing the leaked pics.

Jackdeth
07-28-2004, 09:07 PM
Kickass. Looks like a banger.

SheepFactory
07-28-2004, 09:11 PM
aw man! I just realised it is coming out in summer 2005!

I hate the wait :(

AJ
07-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Excellent!

:drool:

KingMob
07-28-2004, 09:17 PM
wow...man looks like we mgiht have a kickass batman movie coming our way... here is hopin.

AJ
07-28-2004, 09:20 PM
aw man! I just realised it is coming out in summer 2005!

I hate the wait :(
Oh crap.

Not excellent :(

Start having fun people - only then can we alter the passage of time. (Or my cliché book is full of nothing but lies)

Levitateme
07-28-2004, 09:24 PM
thanks for the link.

SGT.Squeaks
07-28-2004, 09:29 PM
These pants have been crapped. and my spine chilled.

plunq
07-28-2004, 09:51 PM
This one looks like it could even surpass the first Tim Burton Batman (by far the best film adaptation) IMHO. I can't wait to see more More MORE!

Pentagramma
07-28-2004, 11:05 PM
So, we´ll have a SERIOUS Batman film - that´s a pleasant surprise. :thumbsup:

ambas
07-28-2004, 11:42 PM
Whats the name of Batman's actor.. he was the one in Equilibrium too it think..

Ross Forster
07-28-2004, 11:50 PM
That would be Christian Bale.

zen jehad
07-28-2004, 11:52 PM
Whats the name of Batman's actor.. he was the one in Equilibrium too it think..
Christian Bale I think. The film looks quite promising, especially the way they focused on the young Bruce Wayne.

Summer 2005 is a loooong way away though.

darktding
07-29-2004, 12:04 AM
OO the guy from american pshyco and equilibrum cant wait!
theres a small easter egg on the webpage if u click on the bat ears and around the logo, pictures from the film pops up. Kinda cool huh?
I know GEEK alert!

FloydBishop
07-29-2004, 12:17 AM
I think it looks kind of lame. I don't mean to be a Batman hater, but I liked the animated series much better, style and mood wise. They've already covered the Batman origin at the movies.

Batman is fast becoming Peter Pan. How many ways can you tell the same story, year after year?

http://www.darkknightnet.net/pages/images/1992BatmanAnimatedSeries.jpg

lildragon
07-29-2004, 12:36 AM
theres a small easter egg on the webpage if u click on the bat ears and around the logo, pictures from the film pops up. Kinda cool huh?
I know GEEK alert!
Or you could simply click the link that says "photos" *cough* ;)

-t

AnimBot
07-29-2004, 12:36 AM
Did any of you guys get the animated series boxset that just came out? If not then shame on you. Stop reading this and pick it up now.

hypercube
07-29-2004, 12:47 AM
The only things that kinda don't work for me besides what's been mentioned, are the idea that the movie might spend a long amount of screen time on him wandering around being depressed before becoming batman, and Christian Bale's speech impediment.

On a similar side note, the new WB series "The Batman" seems to be treading the same ground as far as being 'the early years' etc. but it does seem like it could be pretty cool and at least a slight departure look-wise. As much as I love Bruce Timm's stuff, after the superman series, justice league(s), etc. I'm getting really tired of all the DC material being squeezed through the "batman animated series filter" and pumped out endlessly.

darktding
07-29-2004, 12:55 AM
Or you could simply click the link that says "photos" *cough* ;)

-t well whts more geeky? findin and easter egg or clicking the link?
GAWWWWSSSSHHHHH!

slaughters
07-29-2004, 01:02 AM
Good example of a well done trailer for a film. Gives you a good idea about the storyline and a feel for what the movie will be about without giving away everything.

Two thumbs up for the trailer :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TumikSmacker
07-29-2004, 01:55 AM
Ok they went all out on the actors for this Christian Bale, Michael Caine! Liam Neeson! Gary Oldman! Morgan Freenman!! WOW. It looks good so far. Even though they haven't really showed anything. But it sure doesn't look like Batman will have blades come out of his boots and start skating on the ice playing hockey with a diamond...:rolleyes:

Mooncalf
07-29-2004, 02:04 AM
So, we´ll have a SERIOUS Batman film - that´s a pleasant surprise. :thumbsup:

No doubt, no doubt! :) To me, Batman has always been more of a person than a SUPER-HERO. I'm thrilled that this looks like it'll concentrate on Batman, the human being.

I wonder if they'll go into all that wonderful self-doubt that Year One had. That was, I think, a stroke of genius!

Can't wait for this one...

- M

TheOnlyWoj
07-29-2004, 02:05 AM
:thumbsup: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/spider-hunter91/bale.jpgcan you say awesome?

Kricket
07-29-2004, 02:26 AM
No neon to be seen anywhere! I'm so happ-eeeeee!:scream:

Array
07-29-2004, 02:35 AM
Did any of you guys get the animated series boxset that just came out? If not then shame on you. Stop reading this and pick it up now.
My friend got it and the video quality is HORRIBLE. Theres grain everywhere. I wouldnt recommend to it anyone but the most die-hard Batman fans.

07-29-2004, 02:48 AM
This sucks, no Nipples! :)

Finally, a real batman movie.

Anyway, Chicago bat fans, keep an eye out on Lower Wacker because they'll be filming there starting this Thursday at 7pm (supposedly). Hope they bring the batmobile. They'll also shoot some scenes in Waukegan.

eirenicon
07-29-2004, 03:16 AM
Ok they went all out on the actors for this Christian Bale, Michael Caine! Liam Neeson! Gary Oldman! Morgan Freenman!! WOW.
The only thing that disappoints me about the cast is including Gary Oldman at this point rules out him playing the Joker later on. He'd give Jack Nicholson a run for his money.

spakman
07-29-2004, 03:32 AM
The only things that kinda don't work for me besides what's been mentioned, are the idea that the movie might spend a long amount of screen time on him wandering around being depressed before becoming batman, and Christian Bale's speech impediment.
His British accent is a speech impediment? I give him hi marks for consistently playing convincing American (psychos). Certainly much better than the way most American actors butcher Britspeak.

Anyway, this looks like it's gonna be a great flick. Finally a batman movie worthy of my favorite batman quote: "There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix with my bare hands."

d=^)

DB3D
07-29-2004, 03:42 AM
wheres all the nay sayers??? i think the trailor shows how bad ass this movie will be

hypercube
07-29-2004, 05:12 AM
His British accent is a speech impediment?
Nah not that, maybe it's just me that hears it, but he's got a lisp, or a slight slur, something..I noticed it most in this voiceover and in Equilibrium..I think he's a great guy and could be a great batman, just that odd thing that sticks out to me. :shrug:

KikiKitty
07-29-2004, 05:27 AM
I have to agree with Floyd. How many times can you tell the same story. The WB's version was very cool. I am going to wait until I see a better trailer before I say it may look like a good one. I like Batman because he is a super hero without super powers. All of his skills are self-developed and learned.

I'm be waiting for more info on this one.

mordecaidesign
07-29-2004, 05:35 AM
I think Christian was raised in the UK?

It's amazing how ripped he is after doing "the machinist"

spakman
07-29-2004, 07:06 AM
Nah not that, maybe it's just me that hears it, but he's got a lisp, or a slight slur, something..I noticed it most in this voiceover and in Equilibrium..I think he's a great guy and could be a great batman, just that odd thing that sticks out to me. :shrug: I think you're picking up on the difficult time the British have in pronouncing an American "r". I never noticed it with Bale myself - but have in actors like that one that played that Star Trek mind reader. :scream:

I had actually completely forgotten Bale was Welsh and was floored when he started doing this interview in his native accent. Then I remembered that he played that like 12 year old British kid in Empire of the Sun. Tripped me out (I think that movie was Ben Stiller's first too - good flick as well - Joe Pantoliano, John Malkovich, Steven Spielberg directing...).

lestdog
07-29-2004, 07:39 AM
wheres all the nay sayers??? i think the trailor shows how bad ass this movie will be

Ballistic, eks vs. sever had one of the most bad ass trailers I have ever seen. Turned out to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Trailers mean nothing. Nothing at all.

FUG1T1VE
07-29-2004, 07:40 AM
so Im the third to say or imply that the film is almost or might be a remake of the first but with a different cinematic direction.

The trailer looks good and whats the shadow that goes over Cristians face. Is it a Batman costume?

TheOnlyWoj
07-29-2004, 02:21 PM
The trailer looks good and whats the shadow that goes over Cristians face. Is it a Batman costume?
Ra's Al Ghul perhaps :scream:

H2
08-03-2004, 04:51 PM
I heard that Katie Holmes is in the Batman film? Anyone kno if this is true? Lets hope this Batman movie is dark and gothic like the Tim Burton ones, maybe they should aim for a slighlty older market.

DB3D
08-03-2004, 07:21 PM
Even though Tim Burtons Batman had a dark tone to it, it was made in more of a superhero parody. This batman looks to take a realistic turn to the whole story.

Also now theres a link on Aint-it-cool-news.com showing the new batmobile driving through the streets, the thing looks fast as hell even though its so big.

Kwe
08-03-2004, 07:44 PM
Footage of the Batmobile in action (behind the scenes footage, nothing dramatic)...

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/080..._batmobile.html (http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/080..._batmobile.html)

http://www.silentcorner.com/video/batman.mov (http://www.silentcorner.com/video/batman.mov) (6.6 megs)

Supervlieg
08-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Meh, the trailer doesnt reveal much. Could go either way. Good thing to see it without neon lights though.

mattmos
08-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Footage of the Batmobile in action (behind the scenes footage, nothing dramatic)...

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/080..._batmobile.html (http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/080..._batmobile.html)

http://www.silentcorner.com/video/batman.mov (http://www.silentcorner.com/video/batman.mov) (6.6 megs)
Nice to see they've turned the batmobile into a tractor. Maybe Christian Bale could fake a westcountry accent and drink cider?

Film as a whole looks like a step in the right direction... And I believe Katie Holmes will be starring, which is always nice ;-)

Teyon
08-03-2004, 09:40 PM
Does anyone know if the story is basically BATMAN : YEAR ONE or not? I wouldn't mind rehashing the Bat's origin if they are doing a take on that comic. Of course this will end up to be at least a trilogy and with that mammoth of a batmobile, is the Dark Knight Returns far behind? :)

Okay, maybe I'm dreaming but hey, it's early still.

Kwe
08-04-2004, 01:09 AM
Yeah...the script has a lot in similar with Year One so I imagine it was based loosely on Year One. But then again...Ra's Al Ghul and Scarecrow weren't in Year One, hehe. Nor was the Batmobile...

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.