PDA

View Full Version : character: Lani

FranckSitbon
07-28-2004, 06:10 PM
Here is my last work on the adventure game: "Atlantis Evolution."
Comments are welcome.

http://dreamsn3d.free.fr/gallery/upload/content/1___3D_Gallery/Characters/2004_Lani.jpg

Flicker2200
07-28-2004, 06:15 PM
like the expression and the environment, but whats the big rock in the back??

coCoKNIght
07-28-2004, 09:20 PM
The big rock in the air's cool but what's with the leg of the woman? Does she have a broken bone or a bent one? But I think the rest of her is very well modelled and even has the flow :)
Then I also think her skin-texture could be some better but for a game it's more than ok. Good work!

FranckSitbon
07-29-2004, 09:02 AM
hi thanks guys
the big rock seems to fly because the action takes place in a "middle earth" world. you should imagine a symetrical world of ours inside the earth. there is no sky but oceans all around us. as an exemple im in france and i look the sky above, i could see the usa far away. but this world, is tiny, so in the middle of the island you are like in a bowl. and you could see the curvature of the world. So the perspective change. thats why this big "mushroom" rock seems to be flying.
i was inspired by a reel rock. (look for mushroom rock in google).

For the knees, it's a 3dsmax skin ringging. but in extrem poses, like this one, it's very difficult to obtain a good deformation. actually for the modelinng, uv, textures and rigging we had 10 days.
i tried with physique, but there was problems using physique and morpher for the face. And it's impossible to smooth skin influance in 3dsmax, like in maya.

FranckSitbon
07-29-2004, 09:03 AM
here is an image from the middle earth world:

http://dreamsn3d.site.voila.fr/cgtalk/2004_c17ext_warp02.jpg

FranckSitbon
07-30-2004, 05:53 PM
Hi everybody
here is a bigger view
I will try to modify the skin and use clothes for deformation.
Actualy we avoid using clothes because it's easyer and quick to work with non cloth objects. we have so less time for animations, that we use the simpliest solution, even if it's less beautifull.

http://dreamsn3d.site.voila.fr/gallery/Character/2004_Lani2.jpg

abadone
08-01-2004, 09:36 AM
(francais? moi aussi :) )
i like too mutch your art!

cycom
08-02-2004, 02:09 AM
Hmm..Something wrong at the right leg. Anyway, I like your arts.

FranckSitbon
08-02-2004, 11:33 AM
(francais? moi aussi :) )
i like too mutch your art!
Thank you Abadone. yes I'm french too. i visited your thread ocean in maya, it's nice too. i'll post coment soon. I'm finishing my mission for the game Atlantis Evolution, and i'll be looking for some freelance work in september.

FranckSitbon
08-02-2004, 11:38 AM
Hmm..Something wrong at the right leg. Anyway, I like your arts.
yes it's the knees deformation. good news, i'm changing with physique, and the deformations are better. i'll will stitch the clothes too instead of skin deformation. I'm changing also the rendering, with vray instead of Brasil. the first previews are very interesting. I'll post the final rendering in a few days.

abadone
08-02-2004, 08:32 PM
my english is bad....
do you can show me the work of your friend for comparate my work and show the 3D cloud?
(ps i show your vido demo WOWWW very good!)

cg219
08-03-2004, 03:05 AM
Nice, CHaracter's facial expression looks pasted on though, fake. Nice job all in all though.

FranckSitbon
08-04-2004, 06:18 AM
Nice, CHaracter's facial expression looks pasted on though, fake. Nice job all in all though.LoL if you think so, thank you. because it shows that you find to realist as a photo. but it's really 3D. no fake. I'll post soon update, and other facial expressions.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.