PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Effect type animation help!

asylum24
07-28-2004, 02:25 PM
Basically Im trying to make like 300 cars fly along in the sky through out this city that is based in the future, and I need these cars to fly along the buildings and not run into them and not into each other... but I want them to have a lil bit of character and not just on a path.... also It has loop or something like that kinda like in Flash where you can import a movie inside a new movie... anyone know how to do this??

EdHarriss
07-28-2004, 03:13 PM
There is a tool in the netview called army maker that might help you. But it sounds like you want something more than that. In that case, Softimage Behavior might help you: http://www.softimage.com/products/behavior

FunBucket
07-28-2004, 03:41 PM
just out of curiosity... how much does behavior go for? I heard it was around $15k. Way too steep for me.

asylum24
07-28-2004, 03:51 PM
:( boss just said nope, we are over budget already.

duardito
07-28-2004, 04:47 PM
you can use particle instancing, it works well if you don't need something too much special.

asylum24
07-28-2004, 05:03 PM
can u explain that some more? because basically they are just up in the air and the focal point is just the ground area and the cars are just there for enviroment fill in pretty much

duardito
07-28-2004, 05:21 PM
basically you must create a particle emitter , then with your object you create a group and then you go to instancing tab , and pick that group, when you do render , you will see those objects, you can modify direction ,speed,emission of particles, this will afect instanced objects.

Ziah
07-28-2004, 06:22 PM
k asylum24..im new to xsi.....so i can't giove you much in put i knew from a tut how to do it in lw maybe you could use some of the concepts and tranfer them to xsi

http://www.the123d.com/tutorial/lightwave2/crowd.html:) ..sorry if it doesn't help

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.