PDA

View Full Version : cam orbit while curve sketching

m81
07-28-2004, 11:32 AM
hello

how can i orbit the cam while curve sketching at the same time in the cam viewport?

Hellbring
07-28-2004, 04:44 PM
buy one of these? http://www.3dconnexion.com/spaceball5000.htm

thebigMuh
07-29-2004, 01:51 AM
Use "S" (or "O", whatever you prefer), just don't release the key while orbitting. You'll stay in the curve creation tool but you can move your camera about.

Ciao, ímuh!

chesterjoe
07-29-2004, 08:42 PM
as thebigmuh said if you don't release the key (any command) while using it after you release it you go back to the mode you were before. So if you are in the sketching tool or the add point tool or any other tool yo can still orbit or pan the viewport while pressing the hotkey (o for orbit) and after you stop pressing you go back to the sticky mode of the previous tool you were using.

tachy0n
07-29-2004, 08:57 PM
Actually i think what he means is that you can't orbit the cam while in the middle of a stroke, ie you can't even let go of the mouse button or it automatically completes the stroke you are sketching. AFAIK there isn't any way around this, besides using the CV creation method instead.

chesterjoe
07-29-2004, 09:31 PM
You are completely right tachy0n, I never use the sketch tool thought it worked as any other tool, but I'm afraid it might not be possible in this case. Should have tried it before replying sorry.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.