PDA

View Full Version : biped rig, rigg from biped guide......

danydrunk
07-27-2004, 11:24 PM
hey heres a question I hope someone can answer, Im rigging a model, Im using the biped rigg that comes with the package, after adjusting size and position to match my model, I go to rigg from biped guide,I check some options depending on my preferences blablabla...... then xsi starts processing all the info, now my rig is all attached, but my question is, how do I make this rigg afect my model? whats the next step? I hope I explain clearly, thanks !!!!

SheepFactory
07-27-2004, 11:43 PM
the next step is to envelope the mesh to the rig. Search your manual for enveloping and painting weights.

danydrunk
07-28-2004, 12:11 AM
I dont have a manual since I use it at school, you may say, then ask a teacher, but im not seeing xsi in at class, anyway, I read I had to envelope, but I have a doubt, I know its a small step but i cant figure it out, in softimage.com I was reading a tutorial and it said that you go to deform envelope, set envelope, you need to have your geometry selectable...and then pick the bones...at least that what I understand, but I dont know if I have to pick all the bones? deformers? is it in the 3d view? or in the explorer, if its in the explorer, considering that my steps where:
1>model a character
2> Then I went to biped rig and adjust the bones size and position
3>rigg from bipped guide

where in the explorer should I find the rig? or whatever I need to find to be able to "PICK" under what name? or what should I do if this are not the correct steps, thank you !!!

SheepFactory
07-28-2004, 12:17 AM
i am sure your school copy comes with online guides too , that can be found under the help menu.

you should stop what you are doing and read up on the basics of xsi before continuing and do a few tutorials imho.

danydrunk
07-28-2004, 01:00 AM
ok, then, sorry, your a mod, I cant disagree with you, yes you mean the pdfs, well I was reading the tutorials from www.softimage.com (http://www.softimage.com), and couldnt understand with one part, thats why then I asked, so (and im not trying to be rude) this kind of questions are not legal? I mean I know sometimes people asks things that they can probably read in manuals and stuff, but if I dont understand the manual, (and i think Im not the only one who has had this issue), or if for some reason im lost, cant I just ask in this forum? anyway, I guess I gotta put more effort in answering my own questions thanks

Ablefish
07-28-2004, 01:50 AM
Well, you can ask all the questions you want, I suppose. But do you really think it's fair to ask for other people's time when you're clearly jumping way too far ahead in the process? I mean, you probably won't understand everything about the intial explanation, so you'll need clarification, then further clarification... and so on.

Why don't you instead use that time to track down the official xsi tutorials, and do all of them. That's how I started - and when I needed questions answered, the quickest way was to check the xsi mailing list archive or search the forums on xsibase and here. Finally, if I couldn't find an answer, I'd post a new question. Seriously, it's the best way to learn outside of class.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.