PDA

View Full Version : instance query

King rOb
07-27-2004, 06:22 PM
hey guys,

I have a simple model that is basically a box with two spinning cylinders (they rotate in the z axis). I want to instance the model several times but offset the animation on the cylinders so that the cylinders on each instance look like they are moving at different times to the other instances. I've tried really hard to get the action clip stuff to work but it doesn't "play ball". I'm totally stumped as to what to do.

Any ideas?

Cheers
rOb

duardito
07-27-2004, 06:30 PM
when you instance a model you copy all from reference model, you must freeze instances first, and then you will can modify all what you want.

Ablefish
07-27-2004, 06:53 PM
How about referencing the model? Save it out, with your animation saved as an action in its mixer, and then reimport it as a referenced model. I'm pretty sure you just need to import once, then you can duplicate it as many times as you need - each reference model should have an independant mixer.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.