PDA

View Full Version : comments plz?

dodo3d
12-16-2001, 09:38 PM
hi all here my latest work
need comments about modeling?texturing?lighting?
all r welcome
thx
http://dodo.homestead.com/files/garage.jpg

AJ
12-16-2001, 09:51 PM
modelling wise... all of the surrounding stuff (scenery...etc) is great (mebbe look at the scale of those bottle tops though). The car itself, although looking like a car, has a bit of a "wobbly" look to it (if you know what I mean)... You can see the crease in the top of the roof, and the front bumper has a fair few "dents" in it. I'd reccomend running round the mesh and smoothing these out as much as possible to get that smooth metallic look/reflections.

One thing that would instantly make this image a whole lot more appealing is lighting. The contrast of the scene is way off... Considering that the garage is being lit by thos two lamps, we'd expect to see a lot more darkness. Put some strong shadows from the lightsource and don't be afraid to "hide" some of your objects in darkness... subtley picking then out will look 10 times better than a big "here they are" spot light ;)

All in all promising stuff, look forward to seing more!

:D

hottemp
12-17-2001, 12:00 PM
i like it but is the car rendered with a different lightning setup as the rest of the scene.

hottemp
12-17-2001, 12:02 PM
i like it but is the car rendered with a different lightning setup as the rest of the scene?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.