PDA

View Full Version : character/fanart: sunset - boogiepop Phantom

matsuru
07-26-2004, 05:52 PM
another fanart of Boogiepop Phantom. BP is a unique japanese anime and movie. please watch them ^^ thanks~!

http://matsuru.net/seasons/boogiepop-08webfinal.jpg

Zukum
07-27-2004, 01:00 AM
Hi matsuru,

Unfortunatly I am not familiar with the anime. I like your image though. The sky, in articular, is artfully done. I would like to see stronger light on the character's face as I think your lighting is strong in the backgraound and weak on the foreground. The angle of the image is rather distracting to the whole, however, and a bt over dramatic.

Good work.

matsuru
07-27-2004, 04:41 AM
Hi matsuru,

Unfortunatly I am not familiar with the anime. I like your image though. The sky, in articular, is artfully done. I would like to see stronger light on the character's face as I think your lighting is strong in the backgraound and weak on the foreground. The angle of the image is rather distracting to the whole, however, and a bt over dramatic.

Good work.
Thank you~! thanks for ya reply. i dont usually get replies on my thread. so this is really an honour:scream:

I agree that th foreground character should be darker and has stronger light, since she is somw how back-lighted. but that would kill the details, and i wanna do the details. so, i need to ignore the logic a little bit. the angle are purposely done this way.......to act dramativ feel:D haha maybe too much for you. the anime is presented weirdly, not the typical anime u normally find out there. so i wanna give some kind of weird feeling to the piece also. but haha, when i painted this, i turn the piece straight for easy judgement though. ^^;

thanks again for ya reply~! sorry for bad english~! :love:

theCloudmover
07-27-2004, 02:14 PM
I am familiar with the anime and I like this image a lot.

I like the angle, you have to do something different every so often, and I think it suits the piece very well. I would darken the forground shadows a bit - not enough to kill the details but enough to separate the figure from the B/G.

matsuru
07-27-2004, 04:26 PM
I am familiar with the anime and I like this image a lot.

I like the angle, you have to do something different every so often, and I think it suits the piece very well. I would darken the forground shadows a bit - not enough to kill the details but enough to separate the figure from the B/G.
thanks~! i went over to your website~! wow~!!! really nice work~!!!!:thumbsup:
thanks for ya valuable comments~! i shall improve on my next piece~!
have u watch the movie version?? it's almost like the anime.:scream:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.