View Full Version : CgTalk Daily Sketch 52 : "The Perfect Human"
07-26-2004, 02:37 PM
"The Perfect Human" By DanubuKa (http://www.cgtalk.com/member.php?find=lastposter&t=145003)
Posted July 26th 9:00 EST
Welcome to the cgtalk sketch group.
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* 640 x 480 / 480 x 640 OR 800 x 600 /600 x 800
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" o plagiarizing.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
* Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
07-26-2004, 07:37 PM
Man this topic got me working today. :shrug:
PS 7.0 / Wacom / 4 hours
07-26-2004, 08:00 PM
o_O Great :)
Man, I have much to learn about this digital-painting-thing.
07-26-2004, 09:10 PM
30 minutes pencil/pigmented ink
scanned in PSP 8 - colored in Painter/Wacom
nice stuff guys!
dgpilot: very well rendered!
Vyse_soa: Great Idea and nice lighting! Love it!
07-26-2004, 11:28 PM
dgpilot: Very nice! Very hot! :D Could be perfect person for guys :D
Vyse_soa: Wow, very nice lighting and mood. Love the composing part! :D
theabyss: That's so cute! lol! I don't know why, but it's so cute.
Goro: Wow, nice! I think it's the best one of all!
here's mine... Photoshop CS, intros2 tablet. 30 min. It's about a perfect evolved being... a perfect human in our eye... (perhaps in the future?) Enjoy! ;)
07-27-2004, 12:02 AM
very nice mr.fujita, you are improving rather fast. :eek:
Heres my effort - didn't have much time. PS - 45mins.
Goro - lovely work as usual.
07-27-2004, 01:05 AM
dgpilot: Awesome. Your effort shows. Might be better without the glasses though.
Vyse_soa: You stole one of my ideas =p. I like your sense of illumination.
theabyss: Hah. Good idea.
Goro: I'm not fond of nudes in art, but that doesn't mean it's not well done. Good as always man. I like the hair and touch screen especially. Though it appears her back arches a bit too much near the top *shrug.*
DreamMaster: Nice job. I like the foggy feel.
MVP: Looks a little blurry, but hey... it's a sketch forum, so it doesn't matter. Good concept. I wonder what happened to v2.0? =p
At any rate.. here's mine. About 10 minutes with a ball point pen & paper.
07-27-2004, 03:52 AM
I could only think of one human to fit this one. I used a pic from Mel Gibson's film for reference. It seems too much like the original poster though, so that might disqualify me from the voting, but oh well.
oh, and I used open canvas and it took about 40 minutes
07-27-2004, 04:16 AM
I figure the "perfect human" wears a name badge, is underappreciated, underpaid and feels like he's carrying the world on his shoulders. It's not me, though. I hate wearing neckties. 2hrs wacom/painter classic & PSE.
07-27-2004, 06:59 AM
This was a really tough one for a couple reasons:
1. The word "perfect" isn't as subjective as one might think when it comes to art. We are only doing "sketches" but the word "perfect" demands a certain level of originality and execution that is pretty high
2. Humanity doesn't view itself as all that perfect anyhoo. We have perfection in degrees in segments of the population (e.g. Lance Armstrong is a perfect cyclist) but the general category of "human" implies a certain universality that can be tricky to even approach conceptually.
I tried to go the old-man route. Defying ideas of physical perfection for a more holistic approach, I was going to go for a sort of mystical and too-ancient look for this guy. I have run out of time so I'm posting it in incompletion.
07-27-2004, 07:19 AM
1hr painter tablet
07-27-2004, 07:51 AM
This is my 3rd entry. 1 hour, wacom and photoshop. It's not really finished, the style is inconsistent at the moment, but I'm out of time.
"Do you think we have found the perfect human?"
"Possibly, but the only way to be sure is to probe him."
07-27-2004, 08:54 AM
1hr IlLustrator/10min PS
Goro -great that is perfect!
07-27-2004, 12:44 PM
Hard topic indeed.
This took about half hour, pencil:
07-27-2004, 02:19 PM
There Is Nothing More Perfect Then The Innocents Of A Child
30Min Photoshop, Trackball
07-27-2004, 11:33 PM
1 hour PS
07-28-2004, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone, I think a lot of people made an extra effort on this one, good job!
01-18-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.