PDA

View Full Version : XSI Rigging problem

Bakedpotato
07-26-2004, 02:47 AM
Hey guys, I just finished rigging my character but I'm having some issues with the feet not staying with the leg effectors. I've got the roots for the feet chains parented to the leg effectors and then I contrained the position of each leg effector to an implicit cube which I use for a control object. That was of course, to make it so the model doesn't sink through the ground when I move the COG down. The problem is that when I move the implicit cubes around for animation, the feet seperate and trail the mesh. It's a really bouncy kind of effect that occurs. What did I do wrong? I haven't done much rigging, but I'm pretty sure that I've done the same thing before and didn't have it happen. If I delete the implicit cubes, the feet stay with the leg effector perfectly, so I guess it's got to do with my constraint.

exist
08-09-2004, 07:33 AM
not very clear whats wrong.. maybe u haven't constrain compensate on before contraing the effectors 2 the cubes. if u want i don't mind havening a look at the scene.

acidboy
08-09-2004, 09:38 AM
You Shouldn't have a problem, but like exist said it may be a constrain comp or parent comp issue.

Also you can get around not having to use an implicit control object, as you can change the display of any bone,null or ik handle by using their 'shadow bone display' (just hit enter on the keyboard to bring up the object's properties).
So you can change the leg IK null to a implicit box without having to add in a new object to control the ik handle.

Hope that helps.

maddav99
08-27-2004, 06:03 AM
I was having the same problem- and still do with the biped primitive- and found that my constraints wouldn't stay if I had the effector hid. Unhid the effector, reapplied the constraint, and haven't had a problem since. Post if that works for you to let me know.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.