PDA

View Full Version : DV Footage and Premiere

Curtis
02-01-2002, 10:23 PM
I've been testing out some DV camera's, mostly with blue/green screen footage. I then ingest the video in Premiere via my Asus IEEE card. Comp the footage in Shake, and export using the 'DV NTSC' codec. When I try to bring them back into Premiere, it is unable to recognize the codec.

Combustion (v.1 and v.2) has had no success at reading the footage before or after Shake. I have had to turn to an application called DV Converter to move the footage between all of the applications.

Anyone have any easier methods?

Thanks!

sekhmet
02-02-2002, 10:38 AM
first of all, combustion does not support DV:(

i'd advise you to output your video from shake in a xxx sequence, i mean any format (cineon, jpeg, tga.....depends what you need)
then import the sequence into premiere (output a format that premiere recognizes) render the sequence and do whatever you want to do

the only thing not really cool is that sequence rendering can take huge maounts of disk space, but it is the only sure way i know!!

:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.