PDA

View Full Version : Character: Fairy

Slav
07-24-2004, 05:51 AM
here is a work i am going to include in my collage portfolio

http://members.rogers.com/slav1/fairy.jpg

Profane
07-24-2004, 02:38 PM
uhm...nice concept...and good color scheme.
In my humble opinion i would change the look of her hair,those 'wave' (curl...dunno english well) are out of place.i would defenetly like her with straight hair.
Try to make her face looks more 'dramatic' and add some kinda glows on her eyes,
other than that it's cool

Funxer
07-25-2004, 01:27 AM
pretty good....I like the sky that is nice, the lighting is good, I would like to see some reflection in the eyes, to brighten them up. it's autumn

olijosman
07-25-2004, 11:57 AM
Interesting image.I like the colors composition and the strange expression of her.:thumbsup:

Slav
07-25-2004, 09:50 PM
profane, funxer.
i dont quite understand what you mean when you say that i should add a glow i never initailly intended her to have any glow. i wanned to make a fairy that was cutting edges between good and evil.

if i brighten her eyes it makes her look too human. and the nose gives her a distinct characteristic which i kind of like. its a personal prefrence why i chose to make her face that way i am interested why you say thoes things bother you. the hair is a bit flimsy i know mostly because i didnt have a refrence to a messy head with hair ... i mean i doubt that in the wild even if she did have strieght hair i dont think she would have a comb to brush her hair with. and i the only thing i am kind of worried about is the top of the head where the hair gets really light ... that might look a bit too cartoony. and a the shadows not being darkenough but that's again a matter of prefrence because there is an ambient light sorc and there is no one single beam of light shining down on her.

ill sleep on what you guys pointed out. i dont think i am quite comfortable changing her face however i like it the way it is.

olijosman how about some honest opinion here, i can take it :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.