PDA

View Full Version : Scanners: Witch one? (not the usual questions)

amf3d
07-23-2004, 11:53 PM
Hi Folks, iīve made a search here at the CGtalk forum and saw a lot of scanners threads, iīve learned something about scanners but i am still lacking information on some subjects.
I want to buy a scanner so i can make 2D animations, for that i want a fast and powerfull scanner (i think that i am not the only one :lol:)

I am from Brazil and here the products are quite expensive, because of that i give up of buying a scanner that supports sheets alimentation (hahaha i donīt know how to translate this... it is when the scanners can scan a lot of sheets on a roll, like a printer). Is this really helpfull? It is 3x more expensive tham the normal scanners...

Them i found a Canon scanner with a very nice price, but i donīt know if it is a nice scanner, here is some information :

Scanner Canon LIDE 30
Features:

1 cable for USB & power

Up to 1200 x 2400 dpi resolution

Z-Lid expansion top

48-bit for over 281 trillion possible colors

Scan, copy or e-mail photos at the touch of a button

top (http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=6623&item=6633&section=10217#top)

Specifications

Scanner SpecificationsScanner TypeFlatbed, color and monochromeScanning ElementContact Image Sensor (CIS)Light SourceThree-color RGB LEDsMax. ResolutionsOptical : 1200 dpiHardware : 1200 x 2400 dpiInterpolated : 9600 x 9600 dpiColor Depth48-bit internal/24-bit external, Grayscale - 16-bit internal/8-bit externalMax. Document Size8.5" x 11.7"InterfaceUSB

And it make a pre-visualisation in 15 secs. What do u think about it ?!? Is it a good scanner?!?

If you have a nice scanner that you want to recomend me i will be pleased, help me guys i need to take this decision as soon as possible !

Thanks guys

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.