PDA

View Full Version : Animation: "Mortal corner"

ramis
07-30-2002, 10:47 PM
Well people, I've finished a new short animation called... "Mortal Corner" :surprised

It's only 5.6 Mb encoded with DivX 5.02, 40 seconds long.

You can download it from:

English version
"Mortal corner"
http://personales.ya.com/lopezdau/main_en.html

Spanish version
"Esquina mortal"
http://personales.ya.com/lopezdau/main.html

My server doesn't supports Getright and this programs, so disable them before download :P

As always, critiques and comments are very welcome.

Best regards!

Larry_g1s
07-31-2002, 12:06 AM
I'm downloading the animation right now and will reply with my comments after I've had a chance to view it. But from just the image you've posted it looks sharp. Nice simple modling with a great expression.

...Just watched the short. Very cool! Nice character animation all the way around. The one critic I would say is when the paper floats across, it seems like it should pick up speed to sink with the sound FX you have. ie When the crinkle gets louder and folds, obvious the wind has picked up...so should the paper. Just my thoughts. But great short.

gatah
07-31-2002, 01:24 AM
Nice work, loved the part just befor the monster bites his head. hillarious:scream: :thumbsup:

ramis
07-31-2002, 10:29 AM
Hahahaha thanks for your comments!

Come on guys! I need more feedback! :wip:

edaddy
07-31-2002, 02:51 PM
the main character has pretty realistic (cartoony) movements and reactions, it suits him well, i think he's animated well. the only parts i had problems w/ is the paper floating by in the beginning - which i think someone else mentioned - and whenever the green guy(?zombie?) puts his hand on the main characters shoulder... the placement of his hand and fingers looks stiff:thumbsup:

eric P
07-31-2002, 02:54 PM
that wuz funny,it reminds me the early arnold renderer test
:applause: :applause:

ramis
07-31-2002, 03:11 PM
mmmmh I think I will delete the part of the paper... It has been giving me only problems...

Taoizm
07-31-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by ramis
mmmmh I think I will delete the part of the paper... It has been giving me only problems...

I think that's probably a good idea since it's probably the weakest link in the short.

Did I see a thank you credit to Daniel Martinez Lara? The motion definatley looked like his style.

Really nice job! :) and I hope we see more stuff from you. :buttrock:

Larry_g1s
07-31-2002, 04:50 PM

I don't think I would delete it unless you couldn't correct the problem by the solution I suggested.

It seems like the paper should pick up speed to sink with the sound FX you have. ie When the crinkle gets louder and folds, obvious the wind has picked up...so should the paper.

Again...Great animation!

GladeR
08-01-2002, 08:00 AM
wow guy, is very very randy, congratulations, very nice work with timing and the expressions, I love the shout and the way of breath of Carlitos, it seems live :thumbsup:

Come on Spain , go ahead!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:cool:

ramis
08-01-2002, 02:53 PM
Thanx!

the breath is just a little detail but gives a lot of life to the character :)

Raji
08-01-2002, 03:57 PM
well i loved that animation. I enjoyed that quality of the motion throughout, yes including the paper. I don't really see what's wrong with it. The human character had a great personality to him, i just wished i could see him live longer! hehe

the only comment i have, and i may be wrong of course, but i would really have liked to see a little more of both characters interacting. I mean I would have loved to see how the monster moved and at least have the human guy make a break for it or something.

again: maybe it's just me.

excellent work I loved it.

:thumbsup:

ramis
08-01-2002, 07:47 PM
raji, you are right, I wanted to make more interaction with the characters. but I don't have enough time, I have to start a bigger project with 2 months of time, so I'd to finish "Mortal corner" that way. Maybe Carlitos will return to life... or something like life hahah

Best regards!
Ramiro

Raji
08-01-2002, 07:52 PM
ramis,

yeah i completely understand that you don't have time. I kinda figured you wouldn't have time to do more but it was just my observation.

I think you could actually leave this animation alone because on the plus side, it leaves people wanting to see more of him. If you can come up with a cool idea again, then people will flock in to see your next animation.

I know I would. :D

Raji

ramis
08-02-2002, 12:02 PM
just wait to see some previews for my short movie... muahahahahaaa ;)

regards!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.