PDA

View Full Version : Best audio program for voices?

Zycho
07-23-2004, 03:51 PM
I just finished a model i 3DsMAX 6.0, and would like to make some facial animation (to make him speak and such). I've already given him a morpher-mod, and made all the facial expressions. All i need is some sound.

So i was wondering, which program is best to record audio with, if I want to record fx. my own voice, and the maybe edit it to make it a little different? I haven't got a perticular program in mind, since I don't know any...

THX!

SheepFactory
07-23-2004, 03:58 PM
just plug your mic in and record with the windows sound recorder.

Soundforge is a pretty good app to edit the sound files afterwards.

yon_2x
07-26-2004, 12:37 AM
you sould also use ntrack.

Ravis
07-28-2004, 07:10 AM
I like using SoundForge

Totoro
08-02-2004, 01:44 PM
I use Audition to edit my soundfiles. I found it very handy when mixing different sounds coz it has multiple tracks. There are also standard effects you can use to edit your voice.

U can download a trialversion here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jsp#product=92

If your looking for a simple sound editing program then I would recommend Goldwave, it's not that fancy as Audition or SoundForge but for the simple stuff it's good enough.

Here's a link to download:
http://www.download.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=goldwave&tg=dl-2001

Ilsoap
08-12-2004, 06:09 AM
I use just a basic computer microphone (bought it for $10) and a program called Goldwave. It works, as long as you record at a high sample rate. Record at 44100 16-bit, and then if filesize is an issue, you can convert it to 22050 or 16000.

Just remember when you're recording to keep a safe distance away from the microphone. Too close, and you'll hear those undesirable puffs of air from the b, p, and t sounds.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.