PDA

View Full Version : 3D motion blur and Shake?

wizlon
07-23-2004, 07:47 AM
If I render an object in my 3D app without motion blur, then take it into Shake can motion blur be applied using Z-depth information from that file to give true 3D motion blur?

Byla
07-23-2004, 10:02 AM
I dont think so. Shake actualy doesnt even support real 3d.
Maybe try that 2d motion blur everyone is talkin bout. I tried it in After Effects and it worked magic.

Saturn
07-23-2004, 01:46 PM
It 's depending what you have to motion blur.
yes you can but it's a bit complicated the first time if you don't use a plug ins or a macro.

The easy way is to the realsmart motion blur. You also plug a Motion Vector pass if you use Mental ray.

Another way, is to stabilize your footage, copy your stab node and plug it on the output of the first one. Change the mode to match. Insert a filter node between both to break the cocatenation of the move, switch on the motion blur of the second node.
Now if you want to deal with the Z buffer, you have depth key different position ( let's say. Very Near, Near, Far, Far away ), use different motion blur strenght and recompose layer.
More you get different key, more it become precise.

Aneks
07-25-2004, 08:28 AM
simple answer .. No you can't.

honestly you are better off trying on of these two techniques :

You can simply use a fake mblur based on a move2d node with use referance turned on this will blur the input based on the vales you animate on this move 2d node. This technique is covered in the manuals.

or

Depending on your 3d Application you can render either a seperate motion vector pass or an emmbeded but not calculated motion blur pass and then apply this in shake to create motion blur. This is a techniques I often use with Maya rendering using mental ray.

I am in the process of finishing my Motion Blur in 2d tutorial for vfxtalk.com I should have it done sometime later this week.

wizlon
07-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. I'll give these a try.

All the best.

Lee.

ant-
08-09-2004, 10:39 AM
sorry i may be misunderstanding this, is it possible to use motion vectors from mental ray to blur in shake? without reelsmart? I have been using multipass layers and the 2d move technique so far. But always thought there has to be a way to use this information in shake somehow. oh and in reply to byla, I have actually heard of r&d teams implementing 3d viewports in to shake, if you have a talented enough shake scripter i think anythings possible

FKMaster
08-09-2004, 02:33 PM
there is no other way to vector blur......
btw. every little studio´s has write there own shake-plugin.....

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.