PDA

View Full Version : Preview Night at San Diego Comic Con

RobertoOrtiz
07-23-2004, 04:10 AM
Quote from aicn:

"
This is the 3rd year that the con let audiences in early and labeled it 'Preview Night', opening just the exhibitor floor from 5:30-8:30, it gives the more ardent fan a chance to scoop up some items and to identify the booths that some will live in within the next 4 days. I arrived promptly at 5:30 expecting to just pick up my industry badge and walk in...unfortunately, I had the same idea as what looked like 10,000 people. I queued up and waited...and waited for what seemed like an eternity until they swung open the doors at 5:48. Now, I can understand some last minute jiggering to make sure the staff is ready, but making thousands of rabid fans wait outside the gates of Nirvana for 18 minutes is pure torture. Once inside, your eyes are assaulted by all the giant posters and objects hanging from the ceiling...and by the rush of crazed fan boys running to their booths of choice for special deals on limited 'Con' only offerings. In fact, I was swept up by a bunch of people running to the star wars area for a chance at some really cool busts and marquettes from the original trilogy. Wandering around looking for anything Futurama, I stumbled upon some busts made for the Incredibles that looked really nice, I'm a big fan of the retro look of the characters and cannot wait to see this on the big screen! While I noticed many exhibitors like DC, Dark Horse, New Line Cinema, Activision, and others, after 2 hours I gave up looking for the Marvel booth...even though several banners were hanging throughout adorned with many of their superheroes...

"

CLICK FOR IMAGES (http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18010)
-R

beaker
07-23-2004, 04:39 AM
If you live in Southern California and have never been, I would highly suggest going. It is so much fun. Even if your not a comic fan its a great experience(movie, tv fans, etc...). It's the biggest one in the States supposedly.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.