PDA

View Full Version : I need help in spline-cage modelling and surface modifier

Ayman Najjar
07-22-2004, 08:05 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forums, I'm very happy to be one of biggest CG designers community, I hope you accept a little designer who is so new but looking to learn :)

I'm very new to 3ds max, however, I read Ted's book "3Ds Max Fundamentals" it was reall useful.. I modeled a lot of nice things.. however, the book hadn't cover spline cage modelling way and advanced modelling, I can only model simple things ..

So I followed a lot of tutorials successfully, today I tried to make a boat by myself without any help , I got a references , I drawed the lines. connected the vertexes and applied the surface modifier.. seems everything ok ? no , I got a freaky strange file .. I don't know why it won't work .. everything seems right but after applying the surface modifier . the result was unexpected even with trying "Flip Normals" .. Saddly I can't attach files here, I really wanted to attache my .max file so you can check it ..
However, I appreciate some suggestions, I'll try to upload the file to my ftp server (I have no ftp client currently :D )
Finally, execuse my bad english, I hope you understanded me..

Good Bye :-)

BESTrin
07-25-2004, 05:28 AM
I dont have any specific info for your problem but as for ataching the file make sure you zip it first and it meets the size requirements. Its good to see a beginner who realy did alot of work on his own and only posted after haveing a problem.

btw: your english is pretty darn good. Better than mine sumtimes and english is my native tongue. lol

Marcel
07-26-2004, 10:26 AM
Try subdivision modelling (polygon mesh+meshsmooth) instead of spline cage modelling, it's much faster and just as good. Search around on these forums, there are tons of topics about it :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.