PDA

View Full Version : Weird Output Error

SuperCat
07-22-2004, 01:28 PM
Hi guys,

Right, I'm getting this weird problem when I render out my sequence in DF as you can see from the picture below. What I've got is AVI movies in loaders going into merge nodes and eventually into a saver. I'm wanting to output it as an uncompressed AVI.

When I do this I get this error, it only lasts for a few seconds then the movie continues as normal, it either happens at the start or end of the movie. However, this only happens if I output it as a uncompressed AVI, if I use Sorensen Video 3 or other it comes out fine (but loses some quality obviously). The res is 768x461, however, I used a resize node for the web at 512x307 and that one came out fine. All the source movies (loaders) are at 768x461.

I'd really appreciate some thought on this, its driving me mad. I'm quite new to DF (but know my way around) but this has me and everyone I've talked to stumped.

http://www.splitpoly.com/error.jpg

Jayk2k
07-25-2004, 04:48 PM
Your image link apears to be broken at the moment, so I can't actually see the error. All I can suggest is to turn off the save alpha option under the format tab, as this can cause problems with certain codecs. The other thing, is to try to resize your footage to multiples of 8 (768x464). This can sometimes be a problem with codecs.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.