PDA

View Full Version : Disney and Pixar Make Up?

slaughters
07-21-2004, 06:24 PM
Steve Jobs' Pixar Animation Studios is likely to renew a lucrative movie-making partnership with Disney, according to sources familiar with the matter...

http://www.nypost.com/business/25409.htm

lestdog
07-21-2004, 07:41 PM
I wonder if they exhanged friendship bracelets.

Berserga
07-21-2004, 09:27 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :eek:

mmkelly011881
07-21-2004, 10:25 PM
i wonder if part of the contract asks that eisner be removed

crap.. just read the rest of the article

SOPLAND
07-21-2004, 10:39 PM
Well I think this is great news.

Lil_Mick
07-21-2004, 10:44 PM
It would still be great if Eisner was removed.

~J

Berserga
07-22-2004, 03:49 AM
Be better if the contract stipulated that Eisner be burnt at the stake, or drawn & quartered.... either one I'm easy. -_-

Dennik
07-22-2004, 01:30 PM
No doubt Disney has a great distributing network that Pixar could benefit from, also as I see it, the much improved profit shares deal is good. But if that can effect Eisner's position inside Disney in a good way, then i guess its bad news. I also hope this deal doesn't restrict Pixar to do cheap sequels as Disney likes to do. :shrug:

agreenster
07-22-2004, 03:48 PM
I'm sure anything that Steve Jobs agrees to will benefit Pixar.

slaughters
07-22-2004, 04:34 PM
I'm sure anything that Steve Jobs agrees to will benefit Pixar.Agreenster, I beleive you made a typo. Didn't you mean for your last word to be "Jobs", not "Pixar" :)

onlooker
07-22-2004, 05:36 PM
Agreenster, I beleive you made a typo. Didn't you mean for your last word to be "Jobs", not "Pixar" :)

stereotype

slaughters
07-22-2004, 06:24 PM
stereotypeCorporate Executive.

agreenster
07-22-2004, 07:53 PM
Agreenster, I beleive you made a typo. Didn't you mean for your last word to be "Jobs", not "Pixar" :)

I know you're joking, but you do have a good point. Some people think Jobs is self-centered, but I dont think thats the case.

But, to indirectly quote Jobs, he said recently that there are only 3 important things in his life: his family, Pixar, and Apple. He's not SELF-centered (ie: making tons of money, being a big shot), he puts all of his professional time and effort into making quality films and computers.

Cant say I'd do it any differently.

ringzero
07-22-2004, 10:22 PM
Ha Ha this is sooo funny, with all the Disney haters / Pixar fanboys having said soo much about Pixars fabulous decission to split from Disney, and now it looks like they might stay with THE EVIL DISNEY.

If Disneys so nasty what does that say about Pixar...or hey...maybe they are actually businesses first and fanboy fodder second...

kujo79
07-23-2004, 12:05 AM
michael eisner is definitly someone i would love to see working at mcdonalds, i think most of us feel the same way...it so sad to look at what has become of Disney. lets face it, most of the talent at disney has moved elsewhere. Irreplaceable artists like Glenn Keane. we can also not deny the genious of steve jobs. he was smart enough to grab pixar away from Mr.Lucas. so u know there is a brain in there. lets see where this brain goes. i believe jobs will do what is best for pixar. weither it be getting rid of eisner or not.

Lunatique
07-23-2004, 01:38 AM
Keane left Disney? Last I heard he was in the middle of directing Rapunzel Unbraided--a Disney CG feature.

shehbahn
07-23-2004, 02:10 AM
unless it's an inside scoop... Keane is indeed still at the Mouse.

rstratton
07-23-2004, 02:18 AM
You would think Pixar was tired of keeping Disney afloat. Well maybe Disney will work on their story concepts and then they will be able to help themselves, but it looks like Pixar may still be there for them.

t-man152
07-23-2004, 03:08 AM
nooooooo. this is horrible. it seems that steve jobs in the end goes to his enemies.

Steve jobs' first enemy: IBM.- now makers of apple's processors.

second is Microsoft- now part owner of Apple

and now disney which they will probably end up signing another contract with.

I have imense respect for Mr. Jobs butit seems that he puts himself in some very strange situations. he names a companie as his enemy and later has to rely on them for some reason.

mummey
07-23-2004, 03:19 AM
Steve jobs' first enemy: IBM.- now makers of apple's processors.

not a big deal, and much better then having Motorola make them. In addition, IBM is making the processors for all three of the next generation consoles.

second is Microsoft- now part owner of Apple

Nope, Apple bought back those shares a year later.

-B

BillB
07-23-2004, 04:06 AM
I have imense respect for Mr. Jobs butit seems that he puts himself in some very strange situations. he names a companie as his enemy and later has to rely on them for some reason.One thing I've learned in my scant few years, it's don't burn your bridges - life is so full of twists and turns you never know when you'll be crossing them again.

Wow, how's that for a mixed metaphor! Where do I collect my prize?

(I'm still working on humility ;))

maddness
07-23-2004, 03:01 PM
i could imagine pixar loosing some creative talent by sticking with disney. :thumbsup:

agreenster
07-23-2004, 05:21 PM
Well, let's not forget the one thing Disney is still good at: Marketing. Slapping a label on something and selling the heck out of it through every possible channel.

That's probably why Pixar is drawn back to them. Im sure the re-negotiation will benefit Pixar.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.